ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022-2023 Division I.
ASTI University of Buea concours
REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY ACCREDITATION
DECISION No 19/00328 /MINESUP/SG/DAUQ/SDEAC/SE of 10 April 2021.
ASTI University of Buea, To launch the competitive entrance examination into the first year of the Master of Arts in Translation (Division I) of the Advanced School of Translators and Interpreters ( ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022 ), University of Buea. for the 2021/2022 academic year. kamerpower.com
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION.
Mindful of the constitution:
of Decree n°92/074 0f 13 April 2001 to transform Bueu and Ngaoundere University Centres into Universities.
0f Decree n°93/027 0f 19 January 1993 to lay down regulations for all Universities.
of Decree n° 93/032 of 19 January 1993 to fix the financial reg me applicable to Universities.
of Decree n° 2005/342 of 10 September 2005 to modify and complete certain positions of Decree. kamerpower.com
the calendar of the competitive examinations into Faculties schools and Institutes of State Universities of Cameroon, for the 2020/2021 academic year.
HEREBY DECIDES AS FOLLOWS:
ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022 Division I.
A competitive entrance examination for the selection of 70 (seventy) students for admission into the first year of the Master of Arts in Translation (Division I) of the Advanced school of Translators and Interpreters ( ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022 ) of the University of Buea for the 2021-2022 academic year shall take place on 19th September 2021 in Buea (ASTI) ( ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022 ) and in Yaounde Higher Teacher Training College (E.N.S.). The language combinations shall be as follows: kamerpower.com
- English A, French B: 25 places.
- French A, English B: 15 places.
- French A, English B, German C: 10 places.
- French A, English B, Spanish C: 10 places.
- French A, English B, Arabic C: 10 places.
The competitive entrance examination shall be open to male and female Cameroonians who hold a bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, Cameroon. (Foreign candidates shall be selected after an examination of their application files). kamerpower.com
Complete application files shall be submitted to ASTI. P.O. Box 63 Buea, or to the Ministry of Higher Education. Yaounde, Room 917 not later than Friday, 13 September 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Application files shall comprise the following documents:
- A handwritten application bearing a CFAF 1000 (one thousand francs) iseal stamp. clearly showing the chosen centre and the candidate‘s working languages.
- a certified true copy of the candidate’s birth certificate issued not more that 6 months ago.
- a certificate of non-conviction issued not more than 3 months ago.
- four (4) recent passport-size photographs (4cm x 4cm).
- a certilied true copy of the bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent.
- transcripts of the bachelor‘s degree courses.
- an attestation of presentation of the original of the said diploma.
- a receipt of CFAF 20,000 (twenty thousand francs) for the examinaton, payable to the Advanced School of ‘Translators and Interpreters (ASTI), University of Buea, in the following account: BICEC Buea, Account No: 98394442001-57.
- a written authorization from the Public Service to sit for the examination for candidates who are civil servants. kamerpower.com
- where applicable, an authorization from the candidate’s employer;
- a large self-addressed envelope bearing a CFAF 250 (two hundred and fifty francs) postage stamp.
- Complete application files must be received at the Advanced School of Translators and Interpreters ( ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022 ), University of Buea. P.O. Box 63, Buea or at the Ministry of Higher Education (Room 917), Yaounde, not later than Friday, 15 September 2020 at 3 p.m. Late or incomplete application files shall be automatically rejected.
The competitive entrance examinatin shall comprise the following papers:
Translation from language B into language A: Time allowed: 3hrs; Coef. 4.
Use of language (A and B): Time allowed: 3hrs; Coef. 4
Only for candidates who have chosen a third language: Translation from Language C into Language A; Time allowed: 2hrs; Coef. 2
Candidates shall be assessed according to the following:
- The candidate’s performance in the competitive examination shall account for 80% of the final mark.
- The candidate‘s previous academic record shall represent 20% of the final mark.
Candidates are requested to report to the examination hall at least one hour before the beginning of the examination. A valid national identity card or passport will be required for admission into the examination hall.
Expenses pertaining to this decision shall he covered by the budget of the University of Buea for the 2021 financial year. kamerpower.com
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea, the Director of University accreditation and Quality and the Director of the Advanced School of Translators and interpreters shall be responsible, each in his/her own sphere, for the implementation of this decision which shall be registered and published in English and French.
ASTI University of Buea Entrance 2022-2023 Division I: selection of 70 students for admission into the first year of the Master of Arts in Translation (Division I) of the Advanced school of Translators and Interpreters.
Kamerpower est un hub pour les étudiants, les demandeurs d’emploi et l’annuaire des bourses d’études. Le site fournit des informations informatives gratuites concernant les concours, des opportunités éducatives, Universités, Résultats, Jobs, Stages, Épreuves, Conseils etc, Le meilleur endroit informatif au Cameroun, l’Afrique et africains dans le monde entier.
Version Français (French)