British High Commission recruitment: Projects and Prosperity Officer A2 (L) (06/18 YAO)
British High Commission recruitment: Projects and Prosperity Officer A2 (L) (06/18 YAO).
British High Commission recruitment Yaounde: Projects and Prosperity Officer A2 (L) (06/18 YAO). To deliver FCO bilateral projects on human rights, democracy, development and to help Cameroon realise its economic potential by opening markets, encouraging transparency, tackling corruption and promoting sustainable growth. British High Commission Yaounde. kamerpower.com
Grade :A2 (L)
Type of Position : Permanent
Region : Africa
Country/Territory : Cameroon
Location (City) : Yaounde
Type of Post : British High Commission.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage a suite of small bilateral projects on human rights, democracy and wider development.
- Use a range of programme and project management tools to monitor progress against set milestones. Track the impact and value for money of projects and share reporting on these aspects to stakeholders in London.
- Where appropriate, work with local and international partners to identify and develop new projects and to secure appropriate funding. Provide advice to potential implementers on submitting project bids, quality assuring project documents including budgets before submission to Boards.
- Actively manage risks and put in place mitigation with UK implementing partners, escalating as appropriate.
- Monitor developments and report on business and economic issues in Cameroon, and how they impact on the business environment.
- Develop key contacts with Cameroonian government departments, industry and international institutions, and identify opportunities to engage with them on matters relating to the business environment; advocate for fair and transparent treatment of UK companies.
- Coordinate with the international business community, other countries, international organisations and NGOs to resolve market challenges, promote fair practices and advocate UK policy; act as the main point of contact for the Business Coalition Against Corruption in Cameroon.
- Consider how projects and prosperity work can be linked into other activities at post, e.g. communications, visits.
- Plan and deliver events and visits.
- Provide support and cover for the UK Trade and Investment officer as and when necessary.
- programme funds (approximately £140,000).
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Proficient English and French.
- 2 years of development project management experience.
- 2 years of experience in economic affairs, trade promotion or similar.
- Good understanding of local civil society.
- Thorough understanding of the domestic economy in Cameroon, including its business practices, investment market, laws, regulations and policies.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French (this will be tested at interview).
- Fully IT literate.
- GCE advanced level certificate or equivalent.
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Yaounde are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Cameroon.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.