CEFAM Buea Local Government Training Centre
MINISTRY OF TERRITORIAL ADMINISTRATION AND DECENTRALIZATION (MINATD)
This center, Local Government Training Centre (CEFAM) was created in 1977 and in two years as communal agents. It is located in Buea, Cameroon. It includes two cycles. CYCLE 1 which trains executives responsible for management of Commons, CYCLE 2 trains the assistants responsible for the management of Commons. kamerpower.com
The training program focuses largely on the administration and finances. The admission requirements are the following:
A competitive entrance examination for the admission of trainees into the first year of Cycle I of the Local Government Training Centre (CEFAM Buea), has the following specializations:
- COUNCIL ADMINISTRATION
- COUNCIL FINANCE AND TREASURY MANAGEMENT
- MANAGEMENT OF TECHNICAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES
From 35 to 42 years of age.
- Candidates holder of the “Baccalaureat de l’Enseignement Secondaire”, the General Certficate of Education Advanced Level, or any other recognized equivalent certificate;
- Candidates holders of the “Brevet d’Etudes du Premier Cycle” (BEPC), the “Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle” (CAP), the General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O/L.) or any other recognized equivalent certificate;
From 40 to 47 years of age.
- Council employees, holders of Cycle II Certificate from CEFAM and the “Brevet d’Etudes du Premier Cycle” (BEPC), the “Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle” (CAP), the General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE 0. L.) or any other recognized equivalent certificate;
- Council employees, holders of Cycle II certificate from CEFAM, obtained at least 5 (five) years before the date of launch of this entrance examination.
NB: For candidates into Cycle I,Management of Technical and Social Services option ft technical and scientific educational background is highly recommended.
Complete application files into CEFAM, shall comprise the following documents
- A hand-written and signed application bearing a 1000 Frs. fiscal stamp. The application should contain the name(s), date and place of birth, full address of the candidate, the specialisation chosen and an indication of the documents attached;
- Acurriculumvitae signed by the candidate;
- Acertified copy of birth Certificate signed by administrative or council authority;
- A certified copy or copies of required certificate(s);
- A certificate of non-conviction dated not more than three monfhs;
- An attestation of presentation of the original of certificates;
- A 15.000 francs money order, (examination fees) addressed to the Accounting Officer of CEFAM Buea;
- A medical certificate of not more than 3 months old signed by a public service medical doctor certifying that the candidate is free of any contagious disease;
- An attestation from the employer authorising the candidate to sit for the examination.
From 35 to 42 years of age:
- Candidates holders of the “Brevet d’Etudes du Premier Cycle” (BEPC), the “Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle” (CAP), the General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O. L.) or any other recognized equivalent certificate;
From 40 to 47 years of age:
- Candidates holders of the “Certificat d’Etudes Primaires Elementaires” (CEPE), the First School Leaving Certificate or any other recognized equivalent certificate, and showing proof of longevity of at least 5 (five) years as at the date of the launch of this examination.
Application files for CEFAM comprises of the following documents:
- A stamped (1000 CFAF) handwritten application signed by the candidate, bearing name and surname,date and place of birth as well as full address, specialization chosen and the list of attached documents;
- A curriculum vitae signed by the candidate;
- A certified true copy of birth certificate;
- A certified true copy of the required certificate;
- A certificate of non-conviction less than three months old as at the date of submission;
- An attestation of presentation of original certificate;
- A money order of 15,000 CFAF (examination fees)addressed to the Accounting Officer of CEFAM;
- A medical certificate less than three months old as at the date of submission, signed by a public Medical Officer;
- A studyleave for a period of 2 years issued by the employer authorizing the candidate to sit for the examination.
CYCLE I, SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION (CYCLE I)
1. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (ESSAY):
This paper is aimed at testing candidates’ knowledge of contemporary issues; World Affaire (Globalisation of the World Economy, Democracy and Development. Major African Conflicts, Economie Blocks, Immigration, Religious Issues and the Confrontation of Social Values, etc.)
2. LANGUAGE PAPER:
English for Francophones and French for Anglophones. The purpose of this paper is to test the candidate’s level of bilingualism.
3. PROFESSIONAL PAPER:
The aim of this paper is to test the aptitude of the candidate in the specialization chosen.
4. TECHNIC AL PAPER:
The aim of this paper is to test the candidates knowledge in a domain related to the specialisation.
I- PROFESSIONAL PAPER
A- SPECIALISATION: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Council Organization (Municipal Legislation, Supervisory Authorities, etc.);
- Council Personnel Management (Staff Training and Development, Retirement/Pension, etc.);
- Council Taxes (Local Taxation, Direct and Indirect Tax Assessment, Global Tax, Additional Council Taxes, etc.);
- Council Budgets and Administrative Accounts;
- Civil Status legislation;
- Urban Management (Urban Development Plans, Lay outs, Water Supply, Energy Supply, Telecommunication, infrastructure, etc.);
- Participatory Development (Actors in Local Development, Partnership Building, Resource Mobilisation).
- Public Law (Administrative acts, Administrative disputes, the State, State property, etc).
B- SPECIALISATION: COUNCIL FINANCE AND TREASURY MANAGEMENT
- The Administrative Accounts of the Mayor;
- The Management Accounts of the Treasurer;
- Council Accounts;
- Treasury Management;
- Recovery of Council Taxes;
- Payment of Council Expenditure;
- Financing of Council Investments;
- Organization of a Treasury Station.
C- SPECIALISATION: MANAGEMENT OF TECHNICAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES
- Town planning law;
- Management of Council Assets;
- Socio-Cultural Development.
II- TECHNICAL PAPER
A- SPECIALISATION: General Administration
Public law: (the subdivisions of Public Law, the State, its constituent elements and forms, public services, etc…);
B- SPECIALISATION: Finance and treasury management: Mathematics and Statistics: Dispersion, general mathematics.
C- SPECIALISATION: Management of Technical and Social Services:
Mathematics: Calculation of surfaces (squares, triangles, circles etc)
CYCLE II, SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION (CYCLE II)
1. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (ESSAY):
This paper is aimed at testing candidates’ knowledge of contemporary issues, (Democracy and Development, Mayor African Conflicts, Immigration, Religious and Health Issues etc).
A comprehension passage to test the ability of the candidate to read and understand passage of 300 to 400 words OR Essay writing on a given topic to test the candidate^ ability to write fluently, coherently and accurately.
Candidates shall be tested in the following areas:
- CIVIL STATUS: Civil status procedures, Civil status documents such as certificates, registers, etc;
- COUNCIL FINANCE: General principles, finance documents, council taxes;
- COUNCIL ORGANISATION: Types of councils, decision-making bodies of councils, etc;
- TOWN PLANNING: Urban development plans, council roads, maintenance of urban and rural parks, building permits, parcelling out and allocation of land, etc;
- PUBLIC LAW: State institutions, organisation of the state, etc.
Whole numbers, commun fractions, decimal fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, simple interest and compound interest, calculation of surfaces (squares, triangles circles etc)
Kamerpower est un hub pour les étudiants, les demandeurs d’emploi et l’annuaire des bourses d’études. Le site fournit des informations informatives gratuites concernant les concours, des opportunités éducatives, Universités, Résultats, Jobs, Stages, Épreuves, Conseils etc, Le meilleur endroit informatif au Cameroun, l’Afrique et africains dans le monde entier.