Citi Job vacancy Cameroon: AML program assessment SR compliance analyst
Citi Job vacancy Cameroon: AML program assessment SR compliance analyst.
Citi Job vacancy Cameroon: AML program assessment SR compliance analyst. Citi offers a variety of benefits and resources to help you live well. Use them to invest in yourself, including your health, future, and well-being. Living well is about more than good physical health. kamerpower.com
It’s about your financial well-being, too. That’s why we offer a variety of resources to help you save and be well in all aspects of your life.
Primary Location: Cameroon
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 19029962.
The team is responsible for transaction analysis of high-risk client accounts to gather an understanding of the client profile usage, and develop a comprehensive questionnaire to address the findings of the transaction analysis. In addition the team acts as the key AML contact for the TTS businesses for Foreign Correspondent Banks (FCB) and is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and effective review, management, identification and escalation (where required) of AML risk as related to our FCB client’s AML Programs, controls and activity.
Furthermore the team is also responsible for ensuring that appropriate levels of due diligence and Know Your Customer (KYC) checks are conducted on FCB relationships in line with relevant regulatory standards and for AML and regulatory training in regards to all FCB relationships located across the relevant region and representation of AML in all relevant FCB related forums.
The AML Program Assessment Compliance Officer will be responsible for the execution of the Level 2 PTR process and the AML Program Assessment for FCBs in EMEA. The Periodic Transaction Review (“PTR”) process is designed to supplement and enhance KYC documentation for higher risk client types, including Foreign Correspondent Banks, MSBs, and Embassies. The FCB AML Program Assessment team works with various global, regional and country level internal stakeholders (including TTS businesses, country AML Officers, the AML Core team, legal colleagues, etc.), in order to most effectively manage and determine the AML risk that Citi may be exposed to through its Global FCB population and identification of those relationships which may result in reputational / franchise risk for Citi.
The candidate should have a well-rounded understanding of the components of an AML program including Know Your Customer, Client Identification Program and Enhanced Due Diligence for high-risk customer types including Payment intermediaries, Embassies, and Politically Exposed Persons, etc.
The candidate should have broad knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing laws and regulations within the relevant region, including an understanding of the region specific ML typologies and AML challenges as well as the ability to recognise and investigate higher risk factors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ work experience directly related to complex and sensitive investigations, or any combination of AML/BSA, fraud, financial irregularities, etc.
- KYC and CDD/EDD experience, including good understanding of various corporate structures including offshore Trusts, Funds, and Special Purpose Vehicles etc.
- General and broad understanding of key AML and reputational risks, including PEPs, Sanctions, ABandC.
- Knowledge of US and EMEA AML laws and regulations and FATF recommendations
- Understanding of emerging markets and high risk industries
- Understanding of cash management products and correspondent banking.
- Excellent communications abilities as a communicator, including top-drawer written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Significant attention to detail.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple conflicting priorities, timelines and stakeholders.
- Commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.
- Practical ability to apply and communicate legal and regulatory requirements to day-to-day activities.
- Excellent judgment and assessment skills; proactively employs personal curiosity to identify and research parties using a risk-based approach.