Diageo Guinness Cameroon S.A job : Commercial Development Manager
Diageo Guinness Cameroon S.A job
Job Title: Commercial Development Manager.
Reporting to: Sales Director, Guinness Cameroun.
Category: 12 (Level 4)
No of positions: 1
The role is the centre of expertise for all Sales back-office thinking, forecasting, strategic initiatives and project development that will nurture and help sales performance. Provide leading and dynamic contributions for sales strategies, systems and processes, in order to facilitate organizational effectiveness and competitive advantage.
- University degree. Finance qualification would be an added advantage.
Experience & key skills
- A strong 5-year track record in sales or Finance at a senior manager level.
- Commercial or relevant Commercial Finance related experience in FMCG, ideally beverage industry.
- Strong understanding of commercial opportunities and sensitivity to customers’ satisfaction.
- Good P&L literacy and previous experience of financial data (targeted trade investment, customer and channel profitability…)
- Strong numerical skills and high level of computer literacy.
- Strong influencing skills. Proven track record of influencing at management level.
- In market knowledge – understands and relates to sales and marketing terminology and key performance drivers.
- An ability to challenge conventional thinking and to propose alternative solutions
- Ability to be a business partner to commercial, Finance and Supply teams
- An ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in both English and French.
- Accuracy of demand forecasting model ensured, in liaison with the Planning & S&OP Manager. Provide inputs to the Demand meetings. Coordinates demand numbers with the Divisional Sales Managers and the Head of Distribution.
- Ensure timely reporting of Commercial Scorecard, and review meetings with Commercial Executive members.
Coordinate market trends analysis on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, and recommend adjustments – making use of AC Nielsen database and working with the Consumer Planning Manager.
Sales Data Management
- Volume trend correlation analysis report (Seasonality, RRP, GDP, Inflation, competitive activity) is developed and maintained.
- Ensure timely availability of accurate Sales In, Sales Out and stock reports, to support effective business decision making.
- Coordinate the availability and performance of fridges on trade.
- Ensure Sales Force Automation tool is embedded and supports decision-making.
Distributors financial performance
Provide analysis and recommendations to improve Distributors financial health, including P&L performance with standard operating costs, cost of capital, working capital, cash flow (current and future In & out flows), ROI, risks & mitigation, distributors assessments, etc.
Female applications are highly encouraged.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Guinness Cameroon, which is ISO 9001/2008 and FSSC 22000 certified, is committed to meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability, religion or belief and age
Type of Job Employee
Reporting Location Douala