Education in Emergencies Project Manager – Plan International Cameroon Buea jobs
Education in Emergencies Project Manager – Plan International Cameroon Buea jobs.
Education in Emergencies Project Manager – Plan International Cameroon Buea jobs. Plan International Cameroon is a Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. Plan International is a children’s organization with primary concerns on children’s rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection.
Plan International is one of the largest international actors responding to the Anglophone crisis in the North-West, South-West, Littoral, and West regions in Cameroon; implementing projects across a variety of sectors. Plan International is looking to continue supporting vulnerable children – particularly girls – and assess how Plan can further expand the way these girls and boys are supported through education. Therefore, to help Plan International explore the possibilities of supporting girls and boys through education, Plan is seeking an Education in Emergencies (EiE) Project Manager to help lead Plan’s role and response in the education sector.
This role is in mind of potentially going on to act as an EiE project manager. This is dependent upon future funding.
Dimensions of the Role
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- To support the development, and lead the conduction, of education assessments across the North-West, South-West, Littoral, and West regions of Cameroon.
- To help set up Plan International’s education projects in the North-West, South-West, Littoral, and West regions of Cameroon.
- To support with the coordination of the education response. This will include representing Plan International in external meetings on, or related to, education.
- To have and provide valuable knowledge and analysis for Plan International’s EiE Specialist to help with the strategic direction of Plan International’s EiE response.
- To collaborate closely with Plan International’s Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) team to ensure CPiE is fully integrated into the EiE response; and
- To support with EiE project proposal design, including support with developing project narratives, logframes, and budgets.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the EiE Specifliast and other future EiE staff. They will also work closely with CPiE colleagues to ensure that child protection is a fully integrated part of Plan International’s EiE activities. Finally, the successful candidate will also be expected to form positive, productive, and friendly working relationships with all other colleagues to ensure that Plan’s EiE activities are well coordinated as part of Plan’s overall humanitarian response.
The successful candidate will report to the EiE Specialsit; who will provide leadership for the work carried out through this position. While the candidate will be largely responsible for outlining and carrying out their own workplan, they will be accountable to the EiE Specialist.
This role will have the following expectations in terms of deliverables:
- · Help design and lead in the implementation of a soundly-designed education rapid needs assessment across the NW and SW of Cameroon.
- · Help develop an assessment report on the educational needs of children in the NW and SW of Cameroon.
- · Lead in the development of an education risk assessment for the NW and SW of Cameroon.
- · Support the development of a Plan International EiE strategy for the NW and SW of Cameroon.
- · Support the development of a Plan International EiE strategy for the Littoral and West of Cameroon.
- · Support the development of education project proposals to key donors.