ENAM Anglophone concours Cameroon 2019: 30 student Court Registrars
D- COMMON LAW
D-1) CIVIL LAW
- The basis and characteristics of the rule of law
- Sources of law
- written sources.
- Non.-textual sources of law, general principles of law, customs, jurisprudence /case laws.
TOPICS ON LAW
- Distinction between natural persons and corporate entities.
- Identification of persons and their rights.
- Marriage (void and voidable marriage, validity of marriage, consortium);
- Divorce and judicial separation;
- Property rights (financial provisions, custody … );
- Child law.
- Filiation (Legitimate child, illegitimate child, adoption, conflicts).
D-2) CIVIL PROCEDURE
- Meaning of civil procedure and its application in Anglophone Cameroon.
- Commencement of civil proceedings (motions, petitions, writs of summons).
- Simplified recovery procedure and the undefended list.
- Parties (nature, joinder procedure, misjoinder procedure, representation proceedings … );
- Joinder and consolidation of causes of action.
- Service of process and appearance.
- Pleadings (functions, content, facts that must be specifically pleaded … );
- Interim relief (interlocutory order, injunction … );
- Equitable relief.
- Interlocutory application.
- Settlement of issues.
- Stay of execution.
E- PUBLIC FREEDOMS AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- Freedom of expression, information and communication.
- Freedom of association, of meeting and formation of political parties.
- Freedom of movement.
- Human Rights.
- The limitations of public freedoms;
- Institutions regulating public freedoms:
- The National Commission for Human Rights and Freedoms.
- Competent Courts of Common Law.
- A special court: the High Court of Justice.
A. GRAND JURY
An interview with a jury, with the aim to determine the candidate’s personality and his/her predisposition to serve the State and the citizens.
B. THE LANGUAGE JURY
An interview with a jury in French.
ENAM Anglophone concours Cameroon 2019: 30 student Court Registrars NSAM.
Version Français (French)