Melt Group Cameroun» Toutes les offres » Mechanical Technician
Melt Group Cameroun» Toutes les offres » Mechanical Technician – Cameroon.
Melt Group Cameroun» Toutes les offres » Mechanical Technician. Our client, a multinational company, specialize in Oil and Gas, is looking for a “Mechanical Technician”, to accompany his activities in Cameroon. kamerpower.com
Organization/ Department: Drilling/Workover.
Reports to: Well services superintendent.
Purpose of the job:
Mechanical Technician assumes a high level of responsibility early, supports, and the Pulling Unit team in their operations duties. He has as main role to ensure that the Pulling Unit tools, machinery, equipment and other resources are effectively maintained to properly operate and guarantee optimization of the profitability of the company’s site operations.
Principal accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Perform or assist with preventative maintenance when required.
- Plan and organize the maintenance schedule of Pulling Unit and accessories.
- Ensure that necessary spare parts are available on site to properly operate Pulling.
- Unit with no stand by.
- Ensure that machines, equipment are clean.
- Ensure that all equipment and associated products (couplings/rods etc.) are used to their maximum potential, while ensuring their sustainability.
- Troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical and hydraulic- and diesel-powered equipment.
- Take personal responsibility and be fully accountable for the achievement of all objectives as outlined.
- Participate to all Workover tasks as helper during Puma operations.
Experience / Competence requirements:
- Minimum of a diploma, certification, or associate’s degree in diesel or hydraulics technology or equivalent formal military technical training.
- Knowledge about Detroit Diesel & Caterpillar engine is mandatory.
- Entry level position, further experience in the Oil & Gas sector is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Drilling or Workover Operations.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks.
- Willingness to work in varying conditions.
- Ability to multitask, assist others when required, and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Supervisor.
- Bilingualism will offer an advantage.
- Fast learners, self-motivated, and independent workers.