Job Opportunity Plan International Cameroon – Logistic and Procurement Officer P4G
Job Opportunity Plan International Cameroon – Logistic and Procurement Officer P4G.
Job Opportunity Plan International Cameroon – Logistic and Procurement Officer P4G. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for-and respond to -crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. kamerpower.com
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
P4G project will address the barriers to girls’ participation in the governance process, including the sensitivity of the government representatives to accept girls’ participation as well as addressing the gaps in availability of sex, age disaggregated data, and evidence backed arguments for girl-led, planning and monitoring.
Dimensions of the Role
- Process the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Operation Manual (OM), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times.
- Process with the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors.
- Process with the preparation, update and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on program disruptions due to maladministration of contracts.
- Produce and maintain an up-to date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement goods and materials for program activities.
- Ensure that all the procurement activities are capture in SAP.
- Monitor and follow-up the hotel and conference room booking.
- Monitor and follow-up all vehicle fleet movement.
- Monitor and manage the team of Front Desk Assistant, Receptionist and Janitors to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services.
- Prepare and follow-up the administrative department cash forecast.
- Responsible for the rapid identification and setting up of office and staff accommodation, and other premises in fast changing and volatile environments. This includes fitting of equipment required to run the office and ensuring the staff movements.
- Coordinate asset management for all projects under the area of responsibility including; disposal plans asset verification, compliant purchasing. Process with the registration, update and status of the fixed asset acquisition /movement, to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets.
- Ensure suitable accommodation, communication means and transport is in place for staff, visiting Plan staff, and consultants.
- Ensure the office & its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions.
- .Share cost recovery vehicle usage charging invoices with finances department; updated data for vehicle cost recovery annually.
- Supervision of admin staff; review and fixing objectives, Midterm Appraisal and final evaluation.
- Preparation, update and follow-up of the procurement Plan (monthly/quarterly).
- Keep the Administrative Manager informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for program implementation, and submit all document to his approval.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
- Understands administrative requirements as per the Procurement guide and other policies and procedures and provides required services to staff.
- Exhibit a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Refers all final decision making to the supervisor.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Closing date: 31/10/2018.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a safeguarding children and young Policies and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.