Jobs at Plan International Cameroon – Head of Programmes
Jobs at Plan International Cameroon – Head of Programmes.
Jobs at Plan International Cameroon – Head of Programmes. Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. kamerpower.com
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
Dimensions of Role
- A member of the Cameroun Country Leadership Team (CLT) and line management of senior managers in the areas of programme strategy, programme operations, resource mobilization, sponsorship, communication, and DRM/emergency response.
- Reporting regularly to the CD on the management of all risks associated with programme delivery and effectiveness, resource mobilization, sponsorship, communications, public relations, cooperation, networking, alliance-building, and emergency response.
- Provide leadership in the development and delivery of excellent and accountable gender transformative and rights-based programming, both in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Supports and accounts for the implementation of Plan International’s Global Policy on Gender and Inclusion.
- Incorporate cutting-edge research and evaluations throughout Plan’s work in Cameroon to extend reach, inform excellent programming and credible influence; documents and disseminates best practices from within Plan and from other organizations to promote quality and learning.
- Lead Plan International Cameroon to engage and collaborate with civil society, support movements and work in strategic partnerships to galvanise political will and investment to advance children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Develop and implements strategies to scale up our influencing work on children’s and girls’ rights issues for greater impact to achieve large-scale development outcomes for girls.
- Establish and implement standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of Plan’s programs; monitors program implementation and program systems and processes for compliance and management information.
- Support the implementation of Child Protection and safeguarding Policy standards across all organisational activities.
- Upon delegation of the CD, the Head of Programmes may approve commitments, contracts, grants, leases, disbursements and transfers to third parties in line with existing authorization limits.
Accountability standards are established and implemented to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of sponsorship related goals, caseload planning and management, alignment of sponsorship practices with Programme Quality Procedures (PQP).
Indicators will include:
- An accountability framework for effective and efficient delivery of sponsorship work is defined and implemented.
- Country target for sponsorship growth is set in consultation with CLT and the regional hub; and fulfilment of this target is ensured through Sponsorship team and PU management team to maintain smooth sponsorship funding for the programs of Plan Cameroon.
- Effective relationships with National Offices in the areas related to sponsorship are established and maintained
- Effective integration of sponsorship and programmes activities including grants for effectiveness and maximization of our impact.
- Functions of sponsorship department are analysed in the context of technology upgrading and corporate requirements and proper staffing is ensured to run the business smoothly.
- Mechanisms for community/volunteer participation in and ownership of sponsorship activities are in place and effectively working.
- Exceptional conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues at long distances.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently both English and French.
- Good writing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking, appropriate to the audience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong team building .and motivational skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary & multicultural environment.
- Solid experiences in resource mobilization with a variety of donors.
- Leadership analysis/coaching skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills in a multi-cultural environment.
Location: Based in the country office located in Yaoundé with extensive and regular local travel as well as some international travel.
Type of Role: Permanent.
Reports to: Country Director.
Closing Date: 31 October 2018.