Jobs Opportunities World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon : Accountant, Country Programme Office
Jobs Opportunities World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon : Accountant, Country Programme Office.
Jobs Opportunities World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon : Accountant, Country Programme Office. The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world.
We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries. We have been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa since 1978. WWF has a large and growing conservation programme in the Republic of Cameroon. kamerpower.com
Location: Limbe, Cameroon
Duration: 2 years, renewable
In the context of decentralization of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for:
- All accounting operations of the projects under the program.
- Proper monitoring, reporting and process administration associated with financial deliveries related to all the projects of his/ her portfolio.
- Make sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with WWF standard financial procedures and in adherence with donor’s requirements.
- Ensure data is processed in Accounting Information System daily and posted at least once a week.
- Regularly review the loan and salary advance registers;
- Prepare cheque payments, transfer request and bank reconciliations for bank accounts directly managed from the site and ensure the quality of receipts/ vouchers justification in compliance with FOM Finance guidelines. Ensure that bank reconciliations for WWF accounts are regularly performed and regularly reviewed by designated officials. Manage the cash position of bank accounts and coordinate the financial closure for entrusted impress accounts;
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorisations and supports by legitimate and sufficient documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by ensuring that all unjustified advances to be deducted from salary are timely communicated to the payroll unit.
- Preparation and analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
- Reconcile advance and recovery accounts. Ensure adequate cost recovery and timely repayment of management fees to Core.
- Ensure that accounts are received in head office as per set reporting calendar.
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements;
- Carry out a cash count at least once a month.
- Work with the project managers of his/ her portfolio on monthly budget follow-up and the explanation of variances
- Undertake regular financial analysis to ensure donor requirements are fulfilled and income/ expenses have been allocated to the right project.
- Assign codes to data.
- Determine content and assemble data in order to prepare monthly reports for review.
- Pre-audit, verify, and process employee expense claims reviewing rule for employee compliance.
- Assure that the work meets quality and production standards by reviewing the work for accuracy and proper completion and monitoring output.
- File and/or remove records and reports.
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management, accounts payable and General Ledger data is up to date.
- Assist in preparing cost recovery journals and upload in the Oracle system.
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the field site primarily.
- Perform the following Oracle roles: AP User, GL User.
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with WWF finance rules and regulations; perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that goods have been received or services rendered; and ensure timely recording and processing of vendor invoices in Oracle.
- Monitor vendor advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of vendor outstanding items, taking corrective follow up actions where required.
- Provide assistance to all staff services ex: travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc;
- Have an experience in managing Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and be able to provide them adequate training in financial management of funds received for their activities is essential.
- Perform other related duties as required.