Get a PhD in counseling education at North Carolina State University USA
ADMISSION CONSIDERATIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR COUNSELOR EDUCATION
New Masters and Doctoral students are only admitted once each calendar year and the deadline for applications is December 1, and selection for admission is based on a number of considerations:
- Academic achievement especially in the junior and senior undergraduate years, as well as performance in any graduate courses, are carefully evaluated for evidence of competence in intellectual inquiry. For PhD students, a 60-credit hour counseling degree or equivalent Masters program and coursework is required.
- Performance ratings and recommendations from professors and supervisory personnel are also carefully examined for evidence of personal qualities requisite for professional competence.
- Demonstrated leadership activity and/or significant work experience represent additional important factors.
- Interview process – all doctoral candidates are expected to be interviewed, barring significant geographical distances.
- Other additional materials are also welcome to supplement the application – such as a research paper, a video tape of some “helping” activity by the candidate, etc.
- Standardized tests – Graduate Record Examination [Verbal & Quantitative] is required.
more information cam be found here http:/ / ced.ncsu.edu /cice/counselor-education