Plan International Cameroon recruitment – WASH Technician
Plan International Cameroon recruitment – WASH Technician.
Plan International Cameroon recruitment – WASH Technician. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. kamerpower.com
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit interested candidate to fulfill the position of WASH Officer for the Emergency WASH support to internally Displaced People (IDPs) and Host Communities project in the North West Regions of Cameroon based in Bamenda that will deliver the tasks outlined below:
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan International aims to reach as many children as possible, especially those who are excluded or marginalized with high-quality programs that offer sustainable benefits by increasing their income and working in partnership with other key stakeholders. Plan International is committed to providing an answer to the problems of children in emergency situations in our countries of intervention.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the North West region of Cameroon, Plan International is committed to providing vital humanitarian assistance especially in the domain of health, water and sanitation. The WASH project is to enable the Internally Displaced and well as host communities have safe access to adequate essential needs and basic WASH services.
The Wash Technician works directly under the supervision of the WASH Officer and the Project Coordinator and works closely with the entire project team. He / She closely monitors the implementation of all activities related to construction in the project.
Dimensions of the Role
- Ensure the operational and technical follow-up of WASH activities.
- Ensure the technical relations and representations of the project to the authorities and partners linked or external to the project (NGO partners, local authorities etc).
- Ensure that the gender dimension and any other cross-cutting issues important to the design, implementation and development of WASH activities are taken into account and that activities reflect the needs of the group and individuals especially children, the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the reporting of the activities carried out.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply“. Your application should include:
- A cover letter.
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor.
Location: Bamenda – Cameroon
Closing date: October 21st, 2018
Please to note that this is a local contract
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in English or French will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.