Plan International Recrutement Finance Officer P4G Cameroun
Plan International Recrutement Finance Officer P4G Cameroun.
Plan International Recrutement Finance Officer P4G Cameroun. Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the position of 01 Finance Officer– Garoua. kamerpower.com
P4G (Plan for Girl) project will address the barriers to girls’ participation in the governance process, including the sensitivity of the government representatives to accept girls’ participation as well as addressing the gaps in availability of sex, age disaggregated data, and evidence backed arguments for girl-led, planning and monitoring.
Finance Officer is responsible for financial operations support function in P4G project. She/he ensures conformity with Plan International reporting requirements and the stringent compliance standards established by the Donors in agreement with Plan for the implementation of P4G project. In addition, she/he will also ensure that all financial entries related to the project are captured in SAP.
The Finance Officer is managed directly by the P4G Operations Manager (Finance lead) based in Garoua Program Unit.
Dimensions of the Role
- Business planning processes
- Accounting and treasury.
- Financial reporting and analysis.
- Capacity building.
- Ensure Timely preparation and submission of periodic financial report with the donor format and requirements.
- Maintain appropriate accounting records in the Accounting software ( SAP).
- Coordinate the payments process of project implementing actors in accordance with agreements signed with Plan International Cameroon.
- Monitors overall project expenses burning rate through monthly Budget Vs Actual analysis and advice the project Management team.
- Ensure that Grant Cost recovery is done effectively each month.
- Work closely with the Project team and Country Finance team to ensure smooth delivery of project financial outputs.
- Maintain regular communication with all project stakeholders (staff, partners) on project financial milestones.
- Reinforce the capacities of Implementing partners on financial management & Accounting through regular training and coaching.
- Review monthly financial reports of all the partners involved in the implementation of the Project and inform the supervisor on all irregularities found.
- Monitor fund transfer/Justification of funds by the implementing partners.
- Conduct on-site data verification of Plan partners for the validation of expenses.
- Carry out regular field visits to project sites and partners to supervise the implementation of activities on the field and access the internal control systems In place.
- Participate in the preparation of grant proposal documents of the project (Budget, Grant agreement…)
- Participate in the elaboration of partners Manual in accordance with contractual terms and donor requirements.
- Review contracts with partners to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of donor agreement.
- Review the Procurement process to ensure compliance Plan procedures and Plan Operation Manual (Cash disbursement, Expenses reports…)
- Ensure the good management of project Bank Accounts.
- Maintain an updated risk register of the project and put in place measures to mitigate risks.
- Participate on the annual external audit and liaise with audit team on site to provide responses to their queries.
- Follow up Finance-related audit recommendations.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Project Operations Manager.
- Project Manager ( P4G).
- Country Office Finance team.
- Country Office Grant team.
- Internal Control Team.
- Implementing partners of the project.
- Bank Account Manager.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a safeguarding children and young Policies and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.