Communication Professional Intern job offer at Plan International Yaounde
Communication Professional Intern job offer at Plan International Yaounde.
Communication Professional Intern job offer at Plan International Yaounde. Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. kamerpower.com
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Position: Communications Professional Intern
Department & Location: Communications
Date: May 2020
Reports to: WACAH Communication and Media Lead
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
In March 2020, Plan International declared a Red Alert response to the Covid-19 crisis. All WACA COs as well as WACA regional hub developed emergency response plans with a whole lot dedicated to communication, C4D, Media relations, social media campaigns, etc. In addition to that, the communication team is leading on some critical organizational social media campaigns to position Plan International as a Go-to organization for It is thus critical to get the support of a professional intern that will assist the Communication and Media Lead in the gathering and production of numerous communication tools to inform all our publics through divers channels. The whole process will be full of challenges which will constitute a huge learning and sharing opportunity for the intern.
Dimensions of Role:
- Gain more experience in disaster communication, Media relation and campaigning.
- Support WACAH communication department with professional skills where applicable.
- Acquire new skills in disaster communication, campaigns, Media relations and advocacy
- Assist in the editing and translation of documents
- Support information gathering for various graphic design works
- Assist in internet research and press review and inform appropriately
- Support contact with Media partners
- Assist in the production of contents for various communication channels
- Support in the crafting of messages for communication tools
- Contribute to social media communications and campaigns as assigned
- Support packaging of content for donor offices (NOs)
- Support Admin works for WACA Comms Unit.