Recruitment of Health Technical Officer P4G – Plan International Cameroon
Recruitment of Health Technical Officer P4G – Plan International Cameroon.
Recruitment of Health Technical Officer P4G – Plan International Cameroon. Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. kamerpower.com
Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the position of 01 Health Technical Officer– Garoua.
Dimensions of the Role
The role purpose of the Health Technical Officer is to support the in and out facility Adolescent friendly SRH&H service delivery, the provision of data needed for resource mobilization, assessment of effectiveness and efficiency of Adolescent friendly SRH&H services, strengthen involvement of beneficiaries and community and promote integration of gender (mainstream gender and address its concerns in all ASRH&R activities), education, governance, livelihood components for the delivery of P4G activities as one.
P4G project will address the barriers to girls’ participation in the governance process, including the sensitivity of the government representatives to accept girls’ participation as well as addressing the gaps in availability of sex, age disaggregated data, and evidence backed arguments for girl-led, planning and monitoring.
- Assessment and program design.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the baseline and subsequent assessments of status of ASRH&R activities under the P4G project with the involvement of young people, girls and young women themselves.
- Identify emerging needs and develop/update the ASRH&R section of the P4G proposal.
- Resource mobilization: P4G Financing and Sustainability.
- support the generation and use of evidence to justify resource allocation to ASRH&R.
- Seek increased funds for the provision of ASRH&R information and services.
- support coordination and harmonized donor funding for ASRH&R.
- Support establishment of mechanisms for mobilizing additional funding.
- support improved efficiency and accountability in resource allocation and utilization.
- Leadership and governance in provision ASRH&R services.
- Support capacity building of health managers at all levels in strategic leadership, health systems and service management for adolescents.
- Support the strengthening of Reproductive Health Training and Supervision (RHT&S) system at all levels for effective provision of ASRH&R services.
- Ensure that annual work plans at all levels of service provision prioritize adolescent SRH services.
- Continuously monitor provision of ASRH&R services at all levels.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of partnerships for ASRH&R service provision at all levels.
- Health Products and Technologies for ASRH&R services.
- Support equitable access to essential medical products, vaccines and technology in health facilities at all levels.
- Support linkage with other policies on the procurement system and commodity supply chain.
- Support linkage with institutions offering quality assurance of all medical ASRH&R commodities used by adolescents.
- Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- Support the revision and standardization of data collection tools to capture age and sex disaggregated data for adolescents at all levels of data collection.
- Support the strengthening of HMIS for adolescents and the establishment of the linkages with the National Integrated Monitoring and Evaluation System.
- Support routine data collection, analysis and utilization of high quality data on adolescents for decision making at all levels.
- Support the utilization of modern technology to improve management of ASRH&R information at all levels.
- Workforce: Enhance human resources for provision of ASRH&R services.
- Support the capacity building of health providers to provide adolescent-friendly SRH&R services through in service, on job training, mentorship and continuous medical education.
- Support the integration of ASRH training into pre-service curriculum in all medical training institutions.
- Strengthen quality assurance mechanisms through continuous support for supervision and mentorship at all levels to provide adolescent friendly SRH&R services.
- Involving girls, young people and young women.
- Support and build the capacity of adolescents and youth organizations to document and analyze the needs and the service gaps for youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health, and to disseminate their findings.
- Build a network of local champion of change distributed across the impacted areas of the P4G and support their community activities.
- Promote adolescent participation in key decision making around policy, advocacy, budgeting, planning, research and implementation processes.
- Access to ASRH&R Information and Age Appropriate Comprehensive Sexuality Education(AACSE).
- Promote education of parents and the community on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of adolescents.
- Support the delivery of ASRH information and AACSE programs for out-of-school and in-school adolescents.
- Facilitate innovative approaches including utilization of digital platforms to enhance access to ASRH&R information.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply “. Your application should include:
- A Covering letter.
- A Comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor.
Closing date: 31/10/2018.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a safeguarding children and young Policies and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.