Recruitment Plan International Cameroon Gender Advisor P4G.
Recruitment Plan International Cameroon Gender Advisor P4G. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the position of 01 Gender Advisor– Garoua.
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for-and respond to -crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
To ensure That Plan international Cameroon through the Plan for girl programming attains the vision of becoming a center of excellence for gender equality through organizational practice and programming in Cameroon by ensuring: Gender and particularly girl’s issues project for the harmonious development of children. The because I ‘am a girl (BIAAG movement and Plan international gender and inclusive policy are transled into effective and innovative programs and other initiatives benefiting children in Cameroon. The capacity of Plan for girl project is enhanced to sustain effective gender transforming programming. The reinforcement of the capacities of communities /partners to consider gender in their budgeting activities and planning.
Dimensions of the Role
The Gender Advisor is a member of the Programme Support Team (PST) and assists Programme Units (PUs) management and frontline staff in designing and management of gender related interventions; and ensuring that gender is cross-cutting in all projects. S/he also coaches Plan staff, partners and communities to develop a greater understanding of issues related to gender. The Gender Advsor is supervised by the Programme Support Manager (PSM). S/he does not have supervisees; and does not managed specific programme. However, there is a growing budget amounts within various projects regarding gender mitigation actions.
- Facilitate staff’s understanding of BIAAG and Plan gender policy.
- Orientate and train staff and partners on gender mainstreaming.
- Facilitate the Change of champions training.
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of gender disaggregated data in the field.
- Facilitate the formulation of gender sensitive indicators for the collection of baseline data and the evaluation of project in collaboration with technical advisors.
- Collect and analyse regularly statistics on gender progress in project.
- Make a gender self-assessment of partner councils and elaborate an action plan for training.
- Develop tools for gender analysis.
- Establishes and maintains good working and learning relationship with partner organizations and government(MINPROFF).
- Develop proposal for resources mobilization for gender/BIAAG activities.
- Ensure that Plan’s Child Protection Policy and related procedures are adhered to in all aspects of work.
- Represent Plan Cameroon in meetings/other events on gender and submit report to PSM.
- Maintains a high contact with other partners MINPROFF, NGO partners and others organizations that promote gender equality and inclusion.
- Keeps and maintain a high contact with PSM. DPSM, Project Manager of P4G and PU staffs (PUC, Field staff, M & E, and Project manager, others technical advisor and officers… etc.)
- Maintains medium contact with local partners and minimum contact with communities and CBOs.
- Plan West and Central Africa Office (WARO), Plan International Canada: to support in implementing various gender related trainings and monitoring.
- National Offices: during visits and development of grants proposals.
This position requires to have ability of work outside in extremely hot climate and 40% of travel time within Garoua and Pitoa and Ngong council area with 60% office work. May also travel externally when needed.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply “. Your application should include:
- A Covering letter.
- A Comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor.
Closing date: 31/10/2018
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a safeguarding children and young Policies and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.