Recruitment Plan International – Technical Specialist-Girls Economic Empowerment, Aparajita
Recruitment Plan International – Technical Specialist-Girls Economic Empowerment, Aparajita (Re-advertisement).
Recruitment Plan International – Technical Specialist-Girls Economic Empowerment, Aparajita (Re-advertisement). At Plan International Bangladesh, we come to work every day because we won’t stop until we create a just and fair world for girls – a vital step in building a better world for all children. It is our people’s passion, commitment, expert knowledge and skills that enable us to create lasting change for children who need it most. Meet a selection of the team – find out what makes them tick and get a taste of what it is like to work for us. We have embarked on our most ambitious journey yet – through the Aparajita project we seek to scale up the fight against child marriage taking it to all districts of Bangladesh. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with intellectual curiosity who is eager to take on challenges of transforming lives of girls and contributing to the building of strong, gender equal communities in which everyone benefits – boys and girls, men and women. kamerpwer.com
Reporting to the Project Manager, the position will provide strategic and technical support in the area of Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE) to partner NGOs implementing interventions to improve socio-economic circumstances of marginalized and poor youth through skills development, self and wasge employment in decent jobs.
He/she will provide technical support to ensure quality implementation and monitoring as per set standards. Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager– CM District Model and the technical guidance of the Head / Manager – YEE, the Technical Specialist -YEE will act as a project point person for ensuring all aspects of implementing the YEE interventions of the project. Another key responsibility will to be to communicate and coordinate with the donor to provide updates and report. The position holder will document the evidence from the field interventions for scale-up and replication. He/she will be part of a team and contribute towards joint implementation where and when required.
Requirements for this position:
For this role applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree in any discipline preferably in social sciences, agriculture or livestock.
- At least five years demonstrated work experiences in community mobilization, partner management and economic empowerment / food security / livelihood. Experience in vocational education and apprenticeship programs are preferred.
- In -depth understanding on Gender dimension in youth economic empowerment issues demonstrating gender and age specific economic opportunity, unpaid care work; ability to challenge gender stereotype IGA and integrate empowerment piece in youth economic programme.
- Knowledge of child-rights programming and child protection (programmatic and safe-guarding) and gender transformative programming.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring of Youth Economic Empowerment / Livelihood programmes.
Please click in the link to get a detailed job description: