Uncommon Pet Peeves List [Top 20]
Uncommon Pet Peeves List [Top 20]
Uncommon Pet Peeves List [Top 20]. One thing about pet peeves is that they may seem like nothing to others. People might even feel that their behavior is acceptable or insignificant. But, to you, it is a source of irritation and frustration and could make you very upset. Kamerpower.com
An example of pet peeves is when an office manager is flustered by workers leaving the lid up on the fax machine, when others interrupt her when she is on the phone, or when a subordinate fails to empty their trash at the end of the work day.
What Are Pet Peeves?
A pet peeve is a minor annoyance an individual finds irritating to them. Often, they are specific behaviors of people close to us – like a spouse, significant other, immediate family member, or colleague. And these behaviors can range from personal hygiene, manners, disrespect, and other circumstances.
Top 20 Uncommon Pet Peeves List
1. Voicemails Are Annoying.
Hating voicemails being left on phone… the symbol drives some people nuts.
2. But Who Rescued Who?
I work at a vet. Everybody has a “rescue.” Nobody adopts or gets a free pet, they’re all “rescued.” “Rescue rescue rescue.”
3. Don’t Touch The Styrofoam
Styrofoam being moved/touched/crushed. My ears hate that sound.
4. Yogurt Scrapers
When people get to the end of their yogurt and spend 10 minutes scraping the last of the yogurt out: scrape scrape scrape scrapescrapescrape…The yogurt is gone. You ate it.
5. Passenger Problems
I hate being in a car when I’m not in control. Everything about it drives me crazy.
6. But It’s Not A Number
I hate when a song or piece of music is referred to as a “number.” Five is a number.
7. Can Any Actor Pull It Off?
The fact that actors can rarely, if ever, pull off an interruption in dialogue convincingly. 99.99999% of the time, it’s obvious that Person 1 knows that Person 2 is going to interrupt, and comes to an unnatural stop. I’d love to see examples of an interruption in dialogue happening convincingly on screen, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.
8. Heavy And Noisy Belt Buckles
I hate that belt buckles are so much heavier than the rest of the belt and that they are always making noise.
9. Confusing Light Switch
So there are these light switches in my house, where two different switches operate the same light… one switch is at the top of the stairs, the other is at the bottom. Same deal with the kitchen light: One’s on one side of the kitchen; the other is on the other end. It absolutely cheeses me to no end when the lights are off but the switches are pointing up. Doesn’t seem to bother anyone else though.
10. Finger Licking Good?
When people lick their fingers before turning a page in a book. Especially if they don’t own it. So gross.
11. It’s Personal.
Other people using my phone/computer. It’s not rational – I don’t have anything to hide, but it’s such a personal item it just feels like sharing my underwear.
12. No Crusty Condiments
When the top of any type of sauce container is dirty. Ketchup is the worst.
13. Get To The Point
When people take a long time (a few minutes) to explain, give detail, or tell a story. JUST GET TO THE POINT!
14. Put Your Cart Back.
I am completely incensed when people don’t put their shopping carts in the “buggy corral” after loading their car. I see carts left out all the time. A little breeze or sloping pavement is all it takes to cause the carts to roll into someone’s car. How difficult is it to walk a few extra steps to safely contain the cart?
15. Wring Out Your Sponges
You do NOT keep a wet sponge in the sink. When you’re done with it you rinse it off/out squeeze it out and put it on the counter.
16. Doggy Bath Time
I’m the only person I know that absolutely CANNOT stand the sound of dogs licking themselves. Ugh. It’s more than I can handle.
17. That’s Just Personal
There are 40 stairs leading to the floor I live on. They are divided into sets of 9, 11, 10, and 10. And I can’t stand it. It makes me feel angry.
18. Their Determination Is Aggravating
I hate watching people struggle while trying to fit something in a bag. It infuriates me and stresses me out.
19. Proper Punctuation
When people are texting/typing and put a space before their punctuation. It drives me absolutely insane, and I’ve been known to stop talking to people for it.
20. It Has To Be An Even Number
It’s a weird thing, but I really hate when the volume on my TV isn’t on an even number. I don’t care about the numbers of anything else.
21. Cartoon Qualm
I can’t stand that things in cartoons that are about to be used are always highlighted. Example: If a bookshelf is in the background, one book is brighter than the others so you know that’s the book the character will grab soon.
Other List of Biggest and Common Pet Peeves
- People who stand on the left side of an escalator. Right is for standing! Left for walking!
- When you let a car cut in front of you and they don’t wave to thank you.
- When people shove past you on the street and say “excuse you!”
- This non-apology: “I’m sorry you feel that way.”
- When people spend more time on their phone during dinner or brunch than they do interacting with the people present at the table.
- Misspelled signs.
- Misspelling my name when it’s right there in the email staring you in the face.
- Gluten-free fanatics who have no medical justification to avoid gluten.
- Subway pole huggers.
- Hearing people bite their nails.
- People that clip their nails at work, while sitting at their desk.
- When groups of people take up the entire side of the street. MOVE.
- People who walk slowly or stop suddenly in the middle of the sidewalk.
- People who text like they’re gchatting, sending “OMG” then “How did you know!” then “LOL” within seconds.
- People who say something “will give you all the feels.”
- People who talk over you when you’re clearly still in the middle of the sentence.
- The feel of chalk.
- People who walk into the subway and stand right in front of the door.
- When people say “on accident.” It’s BY accident.
- When people repeatedly hit the elevator button, as if that’ll make the elevator arrive sooner.
- People who sing out loud out of nowhere in a crowd of people.
- People who chew gum loudly and attempt to blow bubbles in confined quarters.
- People who don’t cover their mouths when they cough.
- People who discuss being on a diet while you’re in the middle of eating something unhealthy.
- People who say “ew” to the food on your plate.
- What Are The Top 10 Pet Peeves? | 60 Common Pet Peeves That Practically Annoy Everyone.
- 50 Biggest Pet Peeves Meaning In Relationships.