US Embassy Yaounde Cameroon job offer: 40 Security Guards.
US Embassy Yaounde Cameroon job offer: 40 Security Guards. The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement. OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources. kamerpower.com
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for fourty (40) Guard positions. These positions are located in Yaounde, Cameroon. All ordinarily resident (or) applicants (see appendix a for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
OPENING DATE: December 19, 2016.
CLOSING DATE: January 3, 2017.
WORK HOURS: Full time, 55 hours/week.
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-02
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-CC*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
Basic function of the position.
Under the direct supervision of a Guard Supervisor and overall supervision of the Guard Force Commander, the incumbent performs guard services to safeguard and protect U.S. Government property and personnel.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. kamerpower.com
- EDUCATION: Completion of Elementary School (FSLC, CEP, or equivalent diploma) is required.
- EXPERIENCE: At least one year of military, police or private experience in security related duties in an international organization or a large local institution is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading of English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to receive and follow instructions; must be reliable in attendance and performance; must have the ability to deal politely and tactfully with the public and employees; must be courteous, tactful but firm at all time and be able to respond to a wide range of situations; must be alert and observant. He/she must have the ability to communicate easily with all level of staff and visitors. Skills and abilities may be tested.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Upon completion of RSO training, incumbent must have working knowledge of general and specific Guard and Post Orders and thorough understanding of the requirements of a Guard as well as standards expected of any security guard.