Cameroon GCE O Level 562 Citizenship Education syllabus 2022
562 Citizenship Education
Kamerpower team always have its viewers best interest at heart, so we always make sure we bring to your door step any article that will be of help to you all, especially as all GCE candidates preparing for their registered subjects this year 2022. Cameroon GCE O Level Citizenship Education syllabus 2022.
SUBJECT TITLE: CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
SUBJECT CODE: 562
Citizenship Education is designed to incorporate civic and moral education in all candidates who successfully complete the syllabus. In addition, this course will enable candidates gain knowledge, skills and values to become informed citizens who are active,and engaged in their societies. It should make them aware of their rights, duties, responsibilities, and also help them create stronger communities for a better citizen.
Cameroon GCE O Level Citizenship Education syllabus 2022
- AIMS AND ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES OF THE SYLLABUS
The syllabus should enable students to:-
- Acquire a sound knowledge and understanding of the social and institutional environment of Cameroon.
- Develop positive attitudes and values within the family and society at large.
- Integrate and participate actively in the administrative, institutional and economicmachinery of the country i.e. nation building.
- Imbibe the democratic values of respect for Human Rights and Freedoms, justice,tolerance and love forpeace.
- Cultivate the spirit of patriotism, civic responsibility, national consciousness and unity indiversity.
- Apply knowledge, skills, attitudes and values acquired in solving personal and societal problems.
2.2.1 GENERAL OBJECTIVES
In general, complete coverage of the Syllabus should provide students with the opportunities to:
- Show knowledge and understanding of important Citizenship concepts, issues and terminology.
- Demonstrate attitudes and values that show mutual respect, peace, and tolerance.
- Apply Citizenship knowledge to particular situations like the protection of the environment and the rights and duties of individuals.
- To prepare citizens to use a citizenship approach to solve problems related to all spheres of life.
2.2.2ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES (AO)
Assessment items based on the objectives will test candidates’ ability:
AO1:To Recall, select and communicate facts about Citizenship issues and values (knowledge).
AO2: To demonstrate an understanding and mastery of Citizenship issues and values
(Understanding / Comprehension).
AO3: To apply knowledge, skills and understanding of societal norms, morals and values in handling daily life situations (Application).
AO4: To use the skills and knowledge acquired in the interpretation and exploitation of
texts, cartoons, extract and other source materials (Analysis).
- STRUCTURE OF EXAMINATION
3.1 Weighting of Assessment Objectives