Purdue Acceptance Rate : What Is The Acceptance Rate For Purdue?
Purdue Acceptance Rate : What Is The Acceptance Rate For Purdue?
Purdue Acceptance Rate : What Is The Acceptance Rate For Purdue? If you want to get into Purdue University, the first thing to look at is the acceptance rate. This tells you how competitive the school is and how serious their requirements are. The acceptance rate at Purdue is 59.8%. Kamerpower.com
The school expects you to meet their requirements for GPA and SAT/ACT scores, but they’re more flexible than other schools. If you exceed their requirements, you have an excellent chance of getting in.
Among those enrolled in the Class of 2025, the mid-50% GPA was 3.5-3.9, the SAT range was 1190-1410 and the ACT range 26-33. The previous year, 48% were in the top decile of their high school class, 79% were in the top quartile, and 97% were in the top half.
What Is The Acceptance Rate For Purdue?
Purdue University’s West Lafayette, Indiana, campus is the main campus in the Purdue University system, which encompasses four other campuses throughout the state. The 2021-22 incoming first-year class consisted of 10,191 students who were chosen from 59,173 applicants. However, Purdue has not yet released an official acceptance rate for the Class of 2025.
The Class of 2024 saw a 67% acceptance rate with in-state applicants enjoying a five point advantage in the admissions process. The Class of 2023 acceptance rate was a more selective 60%.
Purdue’s Yield Rate
Purdue’s yield rate—the percentage of accepted students who elect to enroll, divided by the total number of students who are admitted was 23% for the Class of 2024. This is lower than some other popular public institutions, UT-Austin has a 46% yield, Georgia Tech comes in at 38%, and Ohio State’s is 30%.
FAQs – Purdue Acceptance Rate : What Is The Acceptance Rate For Purdue?
Purdue is not technically an Ivy League university. However, it is a very prestigious public university and provides an education on par with that of the Ivy League. Purdue differs from the Ivies in some important ways.
Purdue University is a highly ranked school nationally and statewide, too. For instance, it’s #17 in Top Public Schools and #49 in National Universities by US News. Niche, meanwhile, ranks it #1 in Top Public Universities in Indiana.
Purdue Global is a regionally accredited school. The one responsible for its accreditation, which is HLC, is a regional accreditation body. Due to its accreditation status, Purdue Global has a better reputation compared to many schools with national accreditation, like technical or vocational ones.
Purdue students generally sport A-/B+ averages in a rigorous high school program and possess average standardized test scores above the 90th percentile of all test-takers. For prospective engineering/CS students, virtually all A’s and standardized test scores above the 95th percentile are recommended.
What GPA do you need to get into Purdue University?
With a GPA of 3.69, Purdue requires you to be above average in your high school class. You’ll need at least a mix of A’s and B’s, with more A’s than B’s. You can compensate for a lower GPA with harder classes, like AP or IB classes.
If you’re currently a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications. If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.69, you’ll need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate. This will help you compete effectively against other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
- While the school doesn’t offer any official figures, the CS acceptance rate is believed to be as low as a touch under 10% or as high as 15%, depending on the year.
- The number of accepted internal CS transfer applicants has dwindled each year as Computer Science has become Purdue’s most popular major.
Purdue College of Engineering
- The average accepted engineering applicant has an unweighted 3.82 GPA.
- The average SAT score for an accepted engineering student is above 1430; on the ACT, it is a 32.
- A couple of years ago, the reported acceptance rate for engineering applicants was around 40%; this is likely lower in 2022.
Purdue SAT Requirements
The average SAT score composite at Purdue is a 1315 on the 1600 SAT scale. This score makes Purdue Moderately Competitive for SAT test scores. The 25th percentile New SAT score is 1190, and the 75th percentile New SAT score is 1440. In other words, a 1190 on the New SAT places you below average, while a 1440 will move you up to above average.
Purdue ACT Requirements
The average ACT score at Purdue is 29. This score makes Purdue Moderately Competitive for ACT scores. The 25th percentile ACT score is 25, and the 75th percentile ACT score is 32. Even though Purdue likely says they have no minimum ACT requirement, if you apply with a 25 or below, you’ll have a harder time getting in, unless you have something else impressive in your application.
Tips for Applying to Purdue University
- You can apply by November 1 to meet the Early Action Deadline. The Regular Decision deadline is January 15.
- Purdue considers “demonstrated interest” in the admissions process. This means you may gain an advantage by visiting campus, connecting through social media, emailing an admissions officer, etc.
- Make sure to dedicate sufficient time and effort to the (up to) three short answer prompts that you may need to address such as:
- Briefly discuss your reasons for pursuing the major you have selected. (100 words).
- Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (250 words).
- How will opportunities at Purdue support your interests, both in and out of the classroom? (100 words).
- Purdue does not offer interviews. Therefore, the best way to personalize the admissions process is through your essays and recommendations.
How Purdue Rates Applicants
There are only three factors that Purdue ranks as being “very important” to their admissions process and those are: an applicant’s GPA, standardized test scores, and the rigor of one’s secondary school record. Five factors to the Purdue evaluation process are: recommendations, essays, extracurricular activities, first-generation status, and character/personal qualities.
Admission to Purdue is based on a holistic evaluation of each student’s application in the context of the overall applicant pool for a particular Purdue college or specific major.
- Is Purdue Ivy League School? | Is Purdue University a Top 10 School
- University Of Chicago Acceptance Rate | What Is The Acceptance Rate At University Of Chicago?
- Purdue Engineering Acceptance Rate, Admission & Requirements