Average Electrical Engineering Salary per month In The USA
Average Electrical Engineering Salary per month In The USA
Average Electrical Engineering Salary per month In The USA. Electrical engineers design and oversee the development of electrical equipment. They create new technologies and improve existing devices, adhering to client and end-user needs, building codes, and safety standards. Kamerpower.com
The electrical engineer salaries vary by location, education level, work experience and position, you can expect to earn between $60,000 and $160,000+ working in electrical engineering.
What Are The Factors That Affects Electrical Engineer Salaries?
Due to variables like cost of living and demand, some US states pay electrical engineers more on average. The top states with the highest pay for electrical engineering roles are as follows:
Highest paying states for electrical engineers
List of top states with the highest paying electrical engineering jobs
- District of Columbia: $126,840
- Massachusetts: $90,413
- New Mexico: $94,728.
- Colorado: $83,384
- New Jersey: $120,140
- Oregon: $86,802
- Alaska: $102,897
- Washington: $111,676
- California: $98,790
- Wyoming: $88,388
- Texas: $85,015
- Vermont: $88,715.
2. Industry – How much do electrical engineers make based on the Industry.
Some industries pay more for electrical engineering expertise, education, and experience such as:
- Scientific research and development: $126,590 per year.
- Aerospace product and parts manufacturing: $121,820 per year.
- Electric lighting equipment manufacturing: $83,070 per year.
- Electrical equipment manufacturing: $89,830 per year.
- Architecture and engineering: $103,770 per year.
- Electrical power generation: $108,960 per year.
- Navigational, measuring, and controls manufacturing: $112,390 per year.
- Communication equipment manufacturing: $112,490 per year.
Electrical engineers usually study electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology, or computer engineering. Senior-level electrical engineering jobs and other highly paid positions may require more advanced degrees. For example, employers may require a master of science in electrical engineering to work in a university or research and development (R&D) role.
4. Experience – How much do electrical engineers make based on Experience.
After a few years of electrical engineering experience, you may be qualified to work as an electrical engineering manager. These professionals are tasked with planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of engineering teams. These additional responsibilities result in an increased salary. On average, electrical engineers in management roles earn an annual salary of $152,350.
5. Company size
Another critical factor that determines electrical engineers’ salaries is the company’s size. Smaller companies sometimes pay less than larger corporations because larger businesses can access more resources. More resources allow greater pay structure flexibility. Additionally, formalized performance reviews and enhanced responsibility can allow for annual increases.
FAQs – Average Electrical Engineering Salary per month In The USA
Yes, engineers can make $300K. However, the only engineers who earn that much money have worked their way up the corporate ladder.
The highest salary for an electrical engineer is over $100,000 in a year. Top earning electrical engineers make over $115,000 in a year. However, electrical designers are typically paid an average salary of around $70,000 in a year.
Yes. Electrical engineers are paid a handsome initial income compared to other professions with little to no job experience. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, an electrical engineer has an average salary of $100,420 per year.
What do electrical engineers do?
- Power engineers working with power generation and use.
- Signal processing engineers working with information from signals.
- Radio-frequency engineers working with radio waves and devices.
- Control systems engineers working with controls for dynamic systems.
- Electronics engineers working with electronics.
- Communications engineers working with communications systems and equipment.
- Digital and analog engineers working with signal processing in digital and analog systems.
- Instrumentation engineers working with control and measurement instruments.
Electrical engineers typically do the following:
- Direct the manufacture, installation, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes.
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions,
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products.
- Work with project managers on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Perform detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
How much do Electrical and Electronics Engineers make?
Petroleum engineers, computer hardware engineers, and aerospace engineers earn the most among engineering branches. According to the U.S. Bureau Of Labor Statistics(BLS) The median annual wage for electrical engineers was $100,420 in May 2021. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $62,360, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $162,930. And the median annual wage for electronics engineers, except computer was $104,820 in May 2021. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $73,630, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $166,890.
Top Electrical Engineering Jobs Salary
1. Sales Engineer Salary.
Sales engineers take everything they’ve learned about consumer electronics and use that knowledge to deal directly with businesses. Whether they sell services or electrical components, sales specialists need to thoroughly understand the technical specifications of their electrical products to answer customer questions. The median annual salary for a sales engineer is $103,710 annually according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics(BLS), while the bottom 10% earns around $62,300. Many sales engineers also receive commissions, which can provide a significant boost to their annual salary.
2. Computer Hardware Engineer Salary.
While electrical engineers may work in any number of industries, computer hardware engineers bring their specialized skills to the world of computing. In this type of job, you’ll build and analyze computers and their parts—including motherboards, processors, routers and more. According to the BLS, computer hardware engineers make $128,170 per year on average. That said, don’t expect to earn six figures right away.
3. Electrical or Electronics Engineer Average Salary.
From communications equipment to cars, electrical engineers design and test the electrical systems we use daily. Should you decide to work as an electrical or electronics engineer, you might find yourself:Improving existing electronics, Designing devices, Ensuring equipment meets safety standards. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average annual electrical engineer salary is $101,780 nationwide. Even the bottom 10% of workers (usually those in entry-level positions) can earn $62,360 per year.
4. Engineering manager Salary.
Engineering management covers the planning and coordination of engineering teams and projects. These professionals oversee engineering research, design, execution, and review. The median annual engineering management salary is $149,530.
5. Communications engineer Salary
These engineers specialize in communications systems, including cloud computing, wireless systems, and data and video communications. They design and create the equipment and infrastructure that transmits and receives communications. The average base salary for communications engineers is $79,183.
6. Systems engineer Salary
These interdisciplinary engineers design, develop, and manage multi-stage and multi-component systems. Systems engineers often work with computer, industrial, and complex electrical systems. The average base systems engineering salary is $81,406.
- What Exactly Does An Electrical Engineer Do on a Daily Basis?
- Electrical Engineering Job Description (Duties & Responsibilities).
- 7 Highest paid jobs in electrical engineering | Highest-Paying Jobs for Electrical Engineers
- How To Become An Electrical Engineer | What Does An Electrical Engineer Do
- What Is A Transmission Engineer? | How To Become A Transmission Engineer.
- 12 Best Types of Transmission Engineer Jobs.
- Mechanical Engineering vs Electrical Engineering: Salary, Scope, Job, Similarities, Difference.
- 15 Best Paying Jobs In Electrical Products | Job opportunities for Electrical Engineers.