Cameroon GCE O Level English Language syllabus 2021-2022
Candidates will be tested in:
- main parts of speech: noun, verb, adjective, pronoun, adverb, preposition and conjunctions.
- noun: count and non-count nouns; note should be taken of nouns that do not take plural forms, (e.g. information); quantifiers (much, a lot of, etc.) should be used. correctly
- the verb: tenses, mood, modals (can, may, etc.), voice; reported speech.
- verbals: gerund, infinitive and participle.
- the pronoun: all the forms. (avoid confusion with possessive adjectives).
- the preposition: (including correct combination with other words and when to be omitted).
- determiners and articles.
- the sentence: agreement; fragments, run-on sentences, dangling and misplaced modifiers.
- the clause: noun, adjective, adverb.
- the phrase: noun, adjective, adverb, proposition.
- comparatives and superlatives.
- word order: NB word order in questions, indirect questions; in some phrases: adjective and noun; main verb and auxiliary; enough and adjective; participle and adverb; relative pronoun and preposition.
- word forms: how these alter depends on the position in the sentence and the part of speech.