Cameroon GCE O Level English Language syllabus 2015-2016
2. GENERAL OBJECTIVES
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to
- Understand and convey information.
- Understand, select, order and present facts, ideas and opinions.
- Evaluate information in reading material and in other media and select what is relevant to specific purposes.
- Recognize implicit meaning and attitude
- Show a sense of audience and awareness of style in a variety of situations.
- Listen, understand, speak and write English that is acceptable in national and international circles.
- Exercise control of appropriate structures and conventions, including punctuation and spelling.
- Listening and Reading Comprehension, Composition and Directed Writing will assess knowledge, comprehension, application and analysis.
- Grammar and vocabulary will assess knowledge, comprehension and application.
- School-based projects and spoken English will assess knowledge, comprehension, application and analysis.