Cameroon GCE O Level English Language syllabus 2019-2020
5. THE SYLLABUS CONTENT
1. LISTENING COMPREHENSION
- Encourage the teaching and learning of listening skills.
- Encourage listening with understanding to varied material.
- Increase learner’s vocabulary.
- Encourage responding in various ways to textual material on different topics.
Candidates shall be assessed on their ability to:
- Listen to and respond in different ways to various textual materials.
- Infer meaning of words in context.
- Discriminate between sounds.
- Discriminate between stress patterns.
- Identify syllable components.
There will be a listening comprehension text and questions set on it.
The text will either be a story, a dialogue, an interview, a talk, a speech or a radio recording of about 400 to 500 words. There will be a total of 9 questions in this section; they will be of Multiple- Choice type and will carry 9 marks.