Cameroon GCE O Level English Language syllabus 2015-2016
2. READING COMPREHENSION
- Encourage the teaching and learning of reading skills
- Encourage reading with understanding of textual material on varied topics.
- Increase learners’ vocabulary.
- Foster a love for extensive reading.
- Test the ability to read various kinds of material.
- Test the ability to respond in different ways to various kinds of material.
- Test the ability to infer the meanings and use of words in context.
- The examination will be set on one or more passages totaling about 750 to 1000 words in length. The passages may not have the same subject matter. There will be a total of 17 questions in this section; they will be of Multiple- Choice type and will carry 17 marks.