Cameroon GCE O Level English Language syllabus 2021-2022
1. LISTENING COMPREHENSION
Candidates will be required to:
- discriminate sounds in connected speech.
- discriminate stress pattern in connected speech.
- listen for main points.
- listen for detail and implied meaning.
- listen for general and specific information.
- listen and differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information.
- listen and identify people’s points of view in a conversation, debate or textual material.
- listen and infer meaning from context.
- listen to a dialogue or conversation and identify a problem.
- listen and identify the purpose of a text
- listen and identify relevant facts from a text.
- listen and recognize a range of spoken text types and speech situations such as a story, talk, conversation, debate, interview and respond appropriately.
- listen and provide a suitable title or conclusion.
- listen and identify characters, settings etc.
- listen and pick out clues about the speaker’s mood (s).
- listen to a debate and select the points.
- listen and distinguished between formal/informal speech register.
- listen and interpret attitudinal meaning.
- listen and recognize indicators in discourse, such as illustration, enumeration and contrast. (e.g. addition, sequence, cause and effect, introducing a new idea, transition to another idea, emphasizing, explanation or clarification of an idea and point already made).
- listen for signal words (for:
• illustration, for example, N.B., i.e., e.g. etc.
• conclusion, e.g. therefore, finally, in conclusion.
• enumeration, e.g. firstly, secondly, next, etc.
• contrast, e.g. on the contrary, but, however, etc.)
Kamerpower est un hub pour les étudiants, les demandeurs d’emploi et l’annuaire des bourses d’études. Le site fournit des informations informatives gratuites concernant les concours, des opportunités éducatives, Universités, Résultats, Jobs, Stages, Épreuves, Conseils etc, Le meilleur endroit informatif au Cameroun, l’Afrique et africains dans le monde entier.