CEFAM Buea Local Government Training Centre
CYCLE II, SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION (CYCLE II)
1. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (ESSAY):
This paper is aimed at testing candidates’ knowledge of contemporary issues, (Democracy and Development, Mayor African Conflicts, Immigration, Religious and Health Issues etc).
A comprehension passage to test the ability of the candidate to read and understand passage of 300 to 400 words OR Essay writing on a given topic to test the candidate^ ability to write fluently, coherently and accurately.
Candidates shall be tested in the following areas:
- CIVIL STATUS: Civil status procedures, Civil status documents such as certificates, registers, etc;
- COUNCIL FINANCE: General principles, finance documents, council taxes;
- COUNCIL ORGANISATION: Types of councils, decision-making bodies of councils, etc;
- TOWN PLANNING: Urban development plans, council roads, maintenance of urban and rural parks, building permits, parcelling out and allocation of land, etc;
- PUBLIC LAW: State institutions, organisation of the state, etc.
Whole numbers, commun fractions, decimal fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, simple interest and compound interest, calculation of surfaces (squares, triangles circles etc)