PMP Certification Cost: PMP Scholarship 2022 / 2023
PMP Certification Cost: PMP Scholarship 2022 / 2023
PMP Certification Cost: PMP Scholarship 2022. Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is a giant step in the project management career. While the program certifies that you have the professional skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve results, you’ll need to first pass the certification exam. Kamerpower.com
As a professional with the PMP certification, you will rank above your colleagues who do not have certification and benefit from a higher salary.
PMP certification is one of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) certification programs that have global recognition. The global acceptance of this certification, coupled with the rise in the demand for skilled project managers, makes PMP a well-sought certification.
What is PMP Certification?
The PMP certification is one of the certifications Project Management Institute (PMI) offers. The PMI has a mission to initiate, establish, evaluate, maintain, and administer a professional certification program.
This program will then promote and support project management practitioners and the profession. The institute’s certification program ensures that all certification holders have demonstrated their competence through fair and valid measures.
The PMP certification scheme has accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) coupled with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 17024.
How much does it cost to get a PMP certification?
The PMP Certification exam costs 555 USD for the people who are not a member of PMI and for the members it is 405 USD. If you want to become a PMI member at the time of your application, you will have to pay 555 USD for the exam fee and the membership fee combined.
PMP Certification Cost: PMP Scholarship 2022
Yes, you can. However, PMP certification does not look to your profession. However, there are certain PMP eligibility requirements in order to sit for the PMP exam
The tough part of satisfying PMP eligibility requirements is project management experience. If you have a bachelor’s degree, you must have at least three years of project experience or if you have a secondary degree, you must have at least five years of project experience to sit for the PMP certification exam.
Yes. If you are qualified for PMP certification and you have completed the PMP training, you can apply for the PMP exam online through pmi.org. There are three main PMP application methods. PMI recommends PMP certification aspirants apply online. It is the fastest and easiest way for PMP applications.
PMP Certification Cost 2022
The cost of gaining PMP certification in 2022 is quite affordable as it has been for past years. PMI projects only the exam cost as the cost of acquiring PMP certification.
PMP Exam Fees
The cost of sitting for the PMP certification exam depends on your status and exam delivery type. By status, you can pay for your PMP certification as a member or as a nonmember. Also, by exam delivery type, you may choose to write your PMP certification exam online (Center-Based Test) or physically, at a geographic location (Paper Based Test).
- The PMP certification exam cost for members – whether center-based or paper-based – is $405 or €340. On the other hand, the PMP certification exam cost for nonmembers – whether center-based or paper-based – is $555 or €465.
- If you choose to rewrite the exam, the PMP certification reexamination cost for members is $275 or €230. The price is the same for CBT and PBT. On the other hand, for nonmembers, the PMP certification reexamination cost is $375 or €315.
- If you are for renewal of certification, the CCR certification renewal costs $60 for members. You can pay for the CCR certification renewal in dollars alone. Meanwhile, for nonmembers, the cost of the CCR certification renewal is $150.
PMI Membership Cost
We recommend that you become a PMI member so that you can pay a lower PMP exam cost.
- The PMI membership cost for Individual members is $129 with an additional $10 registration fee. However, once you become a member, you only pay $129 as annual membership renewal cost to continue to enjoy the benefits of PMI membership.
- Student members, on the other hand, pay $32 as a membership fee in addition to the $10 registration fee. Also, like the Individual member, student members have to renew their membership annually. The renewal fee for student members, however, is $32.
- Individuals who retire from active employment and have been a PMI member for at least five consecutive years can gain membership as a retiree. Here, you’ll only have to be paying an annual membership renewal fee of $65.
PMP Certification Online Training Cost
These online courses cost a lot less than regular classroom teaching. You can find online PMP certification training between the price range of USD 200 to USD 500. Master of Project Academy’s online PMP Certification Training costs $370 for annual access and $67 for a monthly subscription.
PMP Certification Classroom Training Cost
- Master of Project Academy offers both online and classroom PMP certification training. According to them, it costs between $1,500 to 3,500 to get PMP certification classroom training in the USA, Canada, and Australia.
- For the same classroom training, it cost approximately $600 in Brazil, Chile, and other South American countries. It cost approximately $500 in China and India.However, it costs between $1,200 to 2900 in European Countries. Meanwhile for Arabian Countries like UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait the PMP certification classroom training costs approximately$2,500.
PMP Eligibility Requirements
PMP certification has some eligibility requirements. PMI requires you to meet some educational and professional experience before you can take the online PMP certification exam. To be eligible for the PMP certification exam, you need to have a secondary/high school degree or a bachelor’s degree.
1. Secondary Degree Eligibility
To be eligible for the PMP certification exam, you must have a minimum academic qualification of Secondary degree. This could be a high school diploma, associate’s degree or a global equivalent. Meanwhile, you must also have a minimum of five years or sixty (60) months’ unique professional project management experience. You must have spent at least a total of 7,500 hours leading and directing projects.
2. Bachelor’s Degree Eligibility
You are eligible for the PMP certification exam if you have a four-year degree. This could be a bachelor’s degree or a global equivalent. You should also have a minimum of three years or thirty-six (36) months’ unique professional project management experience. You must have also spent 4,500 hours of this period of time leading and directing a project that meets the PMP requirement.
PMP Examination Information
- The PMP examination comprises of 200 multiple-choice questions. Of the 200 questions, 25 are pretest questions. Pretest questions do not affect your score. This leaves you with 175 questions that affect your scores.
- PMI places all questions randomly throughout the examination. Also, the Center-based testing (CBT) is the standard method PMI uses to administer their examinations. However, Paper-based testing (PBT) is available under limited circumstances.
- You have four (4) hours to complete the center-based examination. There are no scheduled breaks during the exam, although you are allowed to take a break if you need one.
PMP Online Application Procedure
To make your application for the PMP certification exam easy, here’s a step by step guide on how to complete the PMP certification online application. Of course, it’s an online application, so, here’s the application link to begin the PMP certification process:
- Before you start your application, ensure that you meet the PMP certification eligibility requirements.
- Proceed to record the necessary information on the application if you meet the PMP certification eligibility requirements.
- After entering the relevant information PMI requires of you for the PMP certification, go ahead and submit your application. PMI requires you to read through and agree to the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
To conclude, taking the PMP certification confirms that you are a professional in the Project Management field. It also places you some steps above your colleagues who don’t have a certification yet.