University of Hasselt scholarship 2022-2023 – Master of Transportation Sciences
University of Hasselt scholarship 2022-2023 – Master of Transportation Sciences for Developing Countries.
University of Hasselt scholarship 2022-2023 – Master of Transportation Sciences for Developing Countries. The Master of Transportation Sciences offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain a master’s degree in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). Applications are now open. kamerpower.com
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Number of Awards: 12
To Be Taken At (Country): Belgium.
Duration of Program: 2 years.
About the Award: The Master of Transportation Sciences is happy to announce we now have a call for participants for the ICP programme 2022 “ROAD SAFETY IN LOW & MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES”.
The International Course Programme (ICP) anually offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain an MSc in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). The programme takes two years and has a specific focus on road safety in developing countries.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
With the International Course Programme, VLIR-UOS financially supports English master’s programmes focussing on development-related themes. The scholarship sponsor has stipulated a number of eligibility criteria applicants must meet, e.g.:
- The maximum age of applicants should be 35 on 1st January 2022.
- Only people from the below 31 countries are eligible for a scholarship.
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger.
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam.
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru.
Value of Award:
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation).
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150.
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850.
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
How to Apply: By Feb 1, 2020, we need to have a completed online application and hard copies of legalized degree certificates and academic transcripts by post.
University of Hasselt scholarship 2022-2023 – Master of Transportation for Developing Countries.
Version Français (French)