EPSRC PhD Funding Eligibility: International Applicants at Aston University, UK
EPSRC PhD funding eligibility: International Applicants at Aston University, UK.
EPSRC PhD funding eligibility: Applications are invited for a three-year postgraduate studentship, supported by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to be undertaken within the Advanced Services Research Group at Aston University.
The successful applicant will join an established research group investigating and supporting the development of advanced services within high technology firms and manufacturers. The position is available to start in September 2016.
The overall aim of the research is to accelerate the adoption and ultimate impact, of advanced services among high technology firms and manufacturers through the exploitation of the Internet of Things (IoT). kamerpower.com
For applicants from non-English speaking countries, it is necessary to have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL score of 101) or the British Council IELTS test- score of 6.5.
Studentship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: EPSRC PhD Funding Eligibility
Studentship is awarded for Using the Internet of Things to enable advanced services in UK high technology firms and manufacturers.
Scholarship Award: This studentship includes a fee bursary to cover the home/EU fees rate plus a maintenance allowance (£14,296 in 2016/17). Applicants from outside the EU may apply for this studentship but will need to pay the difference between the ‘Home/EU’ and the ‘Overseas’ tuition fees (approximately £9,000 per annum). As part of the application, you will be required to confirm that you have applied for, or, secured this additional funding. Scholarship can be taken in UK.
EPSRC PhD Funding Eligibility:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for studentship:
- The successful applicant should have a first class or upper second class honours degree or equivalent qualification in Information Systems, Operations Management, Strategy or Management Studies and a Master’s Degree. Preferred skill requirements include knowledge/experience of the Internet of Things, business model innovation, manufacturing, and product services.
- UK/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship programme.
- Candidates for entry to the Research Degrees Programme normally hold a First or Upper Second Class Honours Degree from an approved University or Institution of Higher Education. This degree need not necessarily be in Management or directly related to the proposed research subject, but successful candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to undertake research in the Business School at an advanced level.
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, it is necessary to have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL score of 101) or the British Council IELTS test- score of 6.5. However, if the Candidate holds a Master’s degree from a UK university, this requirement may be waived.
The following supporting documents are required as part of the application and if not supplied may lead to delays in processing your application:
- Research topic: If you are interested in working on one of the topics our academic advertised, please make sure that you include the reference number of the topic you are interested in. Alternatively, if you are applying with your own proposal, please select three broad themes (from those advertised) that are close to the topic of your interest.
- Copies of your qualifications – Masters and BSc transcripts and certificates.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Confirmation of your TOEFL/IELTS results for those applicants from non-English speaking countries.
How to Apply: Applications must also be accompanied by a research proposal giving an overview of the main themes of the research, and explaining how your knowledge and experience will benefit the project. Application Deadline: Studentship application deadline is 30 May 2016.