University of Victoria Acceptance Rate 2022 | Admissions and Application UVic
University of Victoria Acceptance Rate 2022 | Admissions and Application Information UVic
University of Victoria Acceptance Rate 2022 : Admissions and Application Information. The University of Victoria offers admissions to plethora of undergraduate and graduate courses at ranging levels of the degree to certificates. Majorly renowned for its co-op programs, the institute provides some unparalleled courses for international students and is honored among the best higher education institutes of Canada. kamerpower.com
Admissions to the University of Victoria are offered round the year in several intakes with September being the major seasonal term for undergraduate enrollments.
This article will proffer not just answers to the University of Victoria’s acceptance rate, it will also give accurate information on the GPA requirements.
What is the University of Victoria Acceptance Rate?
It is calculated that the University of Victoria’s acceptance rate is 63%. So, more than half of the applicants get accepted. You will need to get good grades and prepare for tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. If you do that, you should not have problems with getting accepted.
What is the University of Victoria’s GPA requirement?
Admission demands a Bachelor’s degree. The least GPA required for entry is 6.5 (B+ to A-) in the last two years of undergraduate study.
University of Victoria Acceptance Rate 2022 | Admissions and Application Information
Minimum GPA required: 4.0 on UVic’s 9-point scale.
UVic retains its place in the top one per cent of universities in the world and among the top-ranked in Canada for scientific impact. UVic is the top school in Canada for its performance in making science and scholarship findings accessible and affordable.
Admissions to the University of Victoria are offered round the year in several intakes with September being the major seasonal term for undergraduate enrollments. The university observes a moderately selective admission process but this shall not be mistaken for it to be a cakewalk.
How to apply for admission to the University of Victoria?
- Add @uvic.ca to your email safe senders: To ensure that messages from UVic are not caught in your spam filter, we recommend that you add “@uvic.ca” to your email, safe senders. You will receive written communication from Undergraduate Admissions via email only.
- Start your application: You can begin your online application to UVic by creating a new profile or using an existing one.
- Prepare your supplemental application: Some programs need that you submit your supplemental application information with your application, while other programs allow you to submit after you apply.
- Then Submit your application: Once you’ve entered all of the necessary information, you’ll be ready to submit your application. At this point, you’ll be urged to pay the application fee using a credit card (American Express, MasterCard, or VISA). INTERAC Online payments are not available.
University of Victoria International Student Admissions
- Check the basic and program-specific admission requirements of the course you are interested in.
- The deadline for an array of courses available at the institute varies and thus should be taken into account. Check the season of intake and availability of space in the program you are hoping to enroll in.
- International candidates also have to fulfill certain English language and country-specific requirements which shall also be noted before applying.
- Provide all the necessary documents including your transcripts, language scores, et al. and wait for an offer of a place.
- While you are waiting for a response regarding your admission, start applying for housing and scholarships as they usually fill in early and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once you receive your letter of acceptance, pay the required amount of tuition fee and apply for a permit and visa in order to ensure your enrollment with the university.
- Once you have ensured all the above-mentioned steps, start the application process by adding uvic.ca as a safe sender to receive timely updates which shall be notified to you via email.
- Start an online application by creating an account and providing your academic plus personal history.
- Submit the completed application along with an application fee to be paid via a credit card and wait for a confirmation email with your nine digit student number from the university which shall be received within 2 business days of sending in an application.
Admission Portal: Apply online at the official website.
Application Fee: 132 CAD.
The University of Victoria offers more than 100 undergraduate programs in various fields. The selection of an apt program that suits the applicant’s interests is very important. Applicants will be informed of a checklist of tasks to be completed after the initial application has been received.
- Complete application.
- Official high school/ college transcripts.
- Interim grades (required if applicants are still studying in a high school).
- English Proficiency Test Scores (for international students).
Where to Apply: Online Application
Application Fee: 132 CAD
Other Provinces/Territories Except Ontario and Quebec
Candidates from secondary schools in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut must meet the same admission requirements and present equivalent secondary courses at the appropriate level as those prescribed for graduates of BC secondary schools. Applicants from Ontario must have completed the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), including English 4U and five additional 4U/4M courses.
Transfer credit will not be awarded for OAC or Grade 13 courses. All applicants from Ontario require qualifications equivalent to those subjects shown in the table for students from British Columbia secondary schools.