Cameroon GCE O Level English Language syllabus 2021-2022
7. SCHOOL –BASED PROJECTS & SPOKEN ENGLISH
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Level of articulation and discrimination.
- Pronunciation, stress and intonation.
- Fluency (use of tenses, agreement and clarity of presentation).
- Logical organization.
- Correct grammar use.
- Appropriate word choice.
- Appropriate gestures.
- Enthusiastic and interesting presentation.
- Adequate knowledge of the subject.
- Audience rapport.
• Participation in group productions such as writing and producing sketches, poems, short stories, plays, etc.
• Editing extracts from newspapers and journals.
• Reports on news, newspapers, magazines, meetings, seminars, workshop, conferences etc.
• Interviews with personalities to get opinion on a variety of topics.
• Candidates are expected to keep a record and portfolio for eventual evaluation.
• Progress reports will be used as part of the evaluation
TEXTBOOKS AND REFERENCES
1. Redman, S. (2003). English Vocabulary in Use (Pre-intermediate & intermediate). CUP
2. Redman, S. & Grains, R. (2003). Test Your English Vocabulary in Use (Pre-intermediate & intermediate). CUP
3. McCarthy M & O’Dell F. (2001). Test Your English Vocabulary in Use (Upper intermediate) CUP
1. Murphy, R. (1994).English Grammar in Use (intermediate). CUP
2. Hewings, M. (1999).Advanced Grammar in Use (advanced). CUP