Special Bilingual Education French Syllabus GCE A Level: To define the format and syllabus of the Special Bilingual Education French subject (code 746) of the Bilingual Specialty at the Cameroon GCE Advanced Level Examination. kamerpower.com
Article 1: The format and syllabus of the Special Bilingual Education French at the General Certificate of Education GCE Advanced Level Examination shall be as follows:
The Special Bilingual Education French shall be made up of three components: “Francais Intensif”, “Education a la Citoyenneté et a la Morale” and “Education Physique et Sportive”.
This subject at the Advanced level evaluates the linguistic proficiency of learners at the end of seven (7) years of secondary school education as prescribed by the Cameroon Government through its policy of official bilingualism (English and French). It is expected that successful candidates in this subject shall be able to:
- Communicate with ease using the skills acquired through these languages;
- Apply knowledge, skills and understanding of social norms, moral values to face ordinary and complex life challenges, and
- Acquire a physical, sporting and artistic culture through critical and responsible behaviour.
The Special Bilingual Education French aims at:
- Assessing the candidate’s ability to use the four main language skills (listening, speaking. reading and writing) creatively to address specific life situations;
- Encouraging the development of linguistic and general study skills for personal, vocational and higher education;
- Integrating and participating actively in the administrative, institutional and economic machinery of the country i.e. nation building;
- The candidate’s communicative and thinking skills (critical analysis, inductionldeduction. synthesis, inference);
- The candidate’s extensive reading capacity in various ways;
- The candidate’s capacity to manage his/her physical well-being;
- The candidate’s ability to speak French fluently and write it with accuracy;
- The candidate’s ability to interpret and translate in the two official languages.