Guinness Cameroon S.A. (Diageo) jobs for Marketing Director
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Effectively lead and manage the Marketing agenda and NSV/TP goals for GCSA.
- Design, implement and evolve brand strategies in order to achieve targeted profit (market share and volume objectives).
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for Guinness Nigeria based on consumer insights.
- Provide Marketing expertise and commercial drive to the GCSA executive team and business.
- Formulates ambitious & innovative marketing strategies which deliver increasing Economic Profit for GCSA
- Strategic partner with Sales to ensure excellent execution of Game plans
- Grow relationships with the trade & develop direct & personal understanding of the Cameroon market place, in order to keep Diageo at the leading edge of market presence.
- Contribute significantly in spreading DWBB culture through GCSA.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Extensive relevant experience, including ten or more years in a senior management position in consumer marketing
Degree or MBA qualifications in relevant discipline (Business/Commerce or preferably Marketing and Communications).
- Experience in communication and innovation development with a sound track record of successes will be required.
- Able to shape and influence future strategy in order to redefine the market, take industry leadership and “change the game”
- Excellent communications skills in both English and French is required.
- Numerate and financially literate.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to propose creative solutions.
- Action orientated and hands on approach with suppliers, partners and within Diageo.
- Knowledge of Cameroon specifically and Africa market in general is an advantage.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence and engage others and deliver alignment.
- Lack of judgement – inability to make the right trade-offs.
- Perspective and focus imbalances towards own functional background.
- Low personal impact leading inability to provide emotional leadership.
- Lack of integrity.
Flexible Working Options
- Role based in Douala but requires frequent travelling in and outside the country.