Jobs Opportunities Mentor Initiative Project (MIP): Monitoring & evaluation (M&E) Officer
Jobs Opportunities Mentor Initiative Project (MIP): Monitoring & evaluation (M&E) Officer.
Jobs Opportunities Mentor Initiative Project (MIP): Monitoring & evaluation (M&E) Officer. The Mentor Initiative Project (MIP) is an emergency public health intervention in Kumba and Mamfe health districts, focusing on health, water and sanitation. For this purpose, The Mentor Initiative Project opened an office in Buea in May 2019. The recruitment of international and national staff has started in the meantime. kamerpower.com
Job Location: BUEA
Contract duration: 5,5 months with possibility of extension Probation period: 2 months
What we offer: Salary + Social benefits (medical coverage, paid leaves)
Deadline date for submission: 24/07/2019
Job Description Requirements.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
Under the responsibility of the WASH program manager (PM), participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames.
- Support the PM in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
- Perform rapid or thorough field monitoring missions using MI tools (in particular):
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation.
- With the support of the PM and DPM, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request.
Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, and any related field Advanced certificate in M&E or statistics is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of wash in health international and local norms and standards.
- Proven knowledge in Hygiene promotion programs.
- Knowledge of the project cycle and of wash activities monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Surveys software’s (KOBO).
- Minimum of 01-year professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of humanitarian projects
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, references) per email: [email protected] with the subject “Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer”
NB: the position you want to apply for has to be specified in the subject of your e-mail, otherwise the application will not be considered as valid.
The Mentor Initiative reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.