Mwalimu Nyerere African Union scholarship scheme 2019-2020 : African Union scholarships.
Mwalimu Nyerere African Union scholarship scheme 2019-2020 : African Union scholarships 2019-2020. Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 Call for Scholarship Applications For Refugees and Displaced Persons in Africa Only for Masters Programmes in Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering, and Social Sciences. kamerpower.com
The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in 2007 with the aim to contribute in the production and retention of high level African human resources for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-Africa mobility of students. The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in reputable African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Citizen of an African Union Member State.
- Be a formally registered refugee/displaced person with a UNHCR registration number or be able to demonstrate confirmed refugee status in an African Union Member State.
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at least at the level of Upper Second Class Honours. The degree must be from a recognised University.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters programme in a recognised university in an African Union Member State.
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years.
No application will be considered without an admission letter from a university, and an official registration as a refugee or displaced person.
Interested candidates can apply on-line using the link www.edu-au.org/scholarship
They can submit their applications by post after completing the Scholarship Application Form, which is available on the Africa Union website: www.au.int/en/scholarship
The application documents should include the following:
- Completed application form.
- A proof of refugee/displaced person status, indicating citizenship.
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- CV indicating applicant’s academic background and work experience.
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts.
- Copy of admission letter from a recognised African University.
- Two (2) Reference Letters with contact addresses and telephone numbers.
- A Letter of Motivation of not more than 500 words (maximum 2 pages) that explains why the candidate has chosen the particular field of study and its importance to Africa’s development.
Applicants applying on-line should produce electronic copies of the above documents and submit as attachments.
Applicants who submit their applications by post should make two (2) sets of hard copies of all the above documents. The Application must be sent to the address below.
Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology
African Union Commission
P.O. Box 3243
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
CLOSING DATE: 30th April 2019
- Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 – En.
- Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 – Ar.
- Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 – Fr.
- Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme 2019 – Pr.
- Application Form.