United Nations World Food Programme Career Opportunities Cameroon : Programme Policy Officer (107155).
United Nations World Food Programme Career Opportunities Cameroon : Programme Policy Officer (107155). kamerpower.com
Post Title: Programme Policy Officer (ACCESS)
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type: SC8
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
The position will support the Head of Sub Office, the Emergency Coordinator and will work very closely with WFP Security Officer.
- Assist in exploring and facilitating humanitarian access and advise WFP on matters relating to the context and access strategies to support WFP’s operational responses and participation in UN coordination fora, such as the access working group.
- Support the development and reinforcement of relationships and communication with national authorities and communities, relevant local and regional actors, and other humanitarian actors to secure humanitarian access, ensure context sensitivity and enable WFP’s operations.
- Map areas accessible and inaccessible to WFP and support programmatic discussions and decision making on scale up of operations to vulnerable populations in hard to reach areas.
- Collect, analyse, maintain and make available all relevant data, information, documentation and best practices on Protection of beneficiaries at the level of community outreach, targeting/registration and food distributions and liaise and ensure that WFP and partner staff are informed and trained on fundamentals and practices concerning protection.
- Ensure that beneficiaries’ info/help desks are in place at distribution sites and that monitoring tools include questions to beneficiaries on whether they were exposed to any act of violence, coercion, deliberate deprivation or disrespect that undermined their safety, dignity and integrity from humanitarian actors or host communities, as well as that corrective follow up actions are taken on monitoring and WFP Helpline/Beneficiary Feedback Mechanisms findings.
- Undertake regular field exploration and assessment missions to key vulnerable target areas and provide support and technical assistance to colleagues in sub-offices, including spending significant time at field sites, as required.
Support the identification and engagement of qualified strategic key partner NGOs/associations that have the required local network, community acceptance and capacities for outreach and access.
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of various periodic written reports and documents.
- Support discussions, trainings, briefings, etc. about humanitarian principles and UN policies and frameworks to raise awareness of WFP staff and partners on these topics, as required.
- Ensure protection concerns are appropriately incorporated into engagement strategies and implementation plans.
- Incorporate gender perspectives and ensure the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Perform other duties as required.