WFP Cameroon Career Opportunities: HR Associate – Yaounde
WFP Cameroon Career Opportunities: HR Associate – Yaounde. Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent is generally responsible for the day to day Human Resources functions of the office as described below: kamerpower.com
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Support the HR unit in collecting HR data and metrics to identify important trends.
- Support the compilation of workforce analytics (leading and lagging indicators) and other ad-hoc reporting
- Support HR initiatives such as long-term and annual planning by consolidating data and drafting reports;
- Consolidate monthly and quarterly oversight, quality assurance indicators for HR Officer presentations at Sr.
- Management Meetings and coordination/planning meetings
- Support in populating knowledge management platforms to archive and track the oversight and mission’s reports from countries.
- Monitor the established key performance indicators and reporting data of Country Offices and identify and suggest interventions necessary for improved performance monitoring using indicators.
- Support HR Officers to collect, track and monitor HR activities by countries with special attention to global and regional indicators, through the provision of timely intervention and technical assistance.
- Support the HR team in the data collection of the RB HR work plan and platform for knowledge management, as well as the compilation of data for reports, meetings and HR activities for the region.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Handle recruitments for positions across the Country Office establishing close coordination with recruiting managers.
- Responsible for contracts’ management & administration, including preparation of contracts, monitoring contract NTEs and liaising with managers for inputs.
- Responsible for contracts’ management & administration, including preparation of contracts, processing, monitoring contract NTEs and liaising with managers for inputs.
- Responsible for reviewing recruitment procedures and business processes.
- Active involvement and contribution in the identification and implementation of local, regional corporate initiatives to strengthen sourcing of talent.
- Provide briefing and guidance to new employees and take an active role in the review of the on-boarding activities.
- Education: GCE Advanced Level or Baccalauréat.
- A University degree including or supplemented by courses related to the area of work will be an asset.
Over 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work, with background and interest in Human Resources.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in either English or French with good working knowledge of the other.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience of HR Services operating standards across a range of international humanitarian contexts.
- Has good communication skills and understanding of HR principles and policies and their application to respond to and resolve HR queries.
- Has the ability to analyse and generate periodic reports and make recommendations for future actions.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain relationships with a large number of individuals within and outside WFP to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Has gained experience in supervising and coordinating the duties of subordinates, train and supervise junior staff within the HR unit.
- Has the ability to work with a minimum of supervision and to show leadership in carrying out administrative tasks in WFP’s main guidelines and standards.
WFP Cameroon Career Opportunities: HR Associate – Yaounde.
Kamerpower est un hub pour les étudiants, les demandeurs d’emploi et l’annuaire des bourses d’études. Le site fournit des informations informatives gratuites concernant les concours, des opportunités éducatives, Universités, Résultats, Jobs, Stages, Épreuves, Conseils etc, Le meilleur endroit informatif au Cameroun, l’Afrique et africains dans le monde entier.