WFP Cameroun Career Opportunities: Finance Associate (107159).
WFP Cameroun Career Opportunities: Finance Associate (107159). WFP Cameroon in seeking a Finance Associate to coordinate and provide finance and budget services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
The incumbent is expected to manage resources and coach team of support staff or specific support service (s). kamerpower.com
Post Title: Finance Associate G6
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under direct supervision of the National Finance Officer and overall supervision of Head of Finance and Administration, the Finance Associate will among other tasks perform the following activities:
- Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor invoice tracking system (ITS) to process invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Co-ordinate with other teams to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analyzing financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Manage Petty Cash accounts (Country Office & Sub-Offices / Manage individual cash payments, enter Cash journal in Wings and prepare replenishments).
- Allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyze vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Ensure full support to all corridor activities (Focal point).
- Ensure full sport to UNHAS activities (Alternate).
- Any other relevant duty as may be required by the National Finance Officer or Head of Finance and Administration.