WFP Cameroun Career Opportunities: Finance Associate (107159)
WFP Cameroun Career Opportunities: Finance Associate (107159).
WFP Cameroun Career Opportunities: Finance Associate (107159). WFP Cameroon in seeking a Finance Associate to coordinate and provide finance and budget services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
The incumbent is expected to manage resources and coach team of support staff or specific support service (s). kamerpower.com
Post Title: Finance Associate G6
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under direct supervision of the National Finance Officer and overall supervision of Head of Finance and Administration, the Finance Associate will among other tasks perform the following activities:
- Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor invoice tracking system (ITS) to process invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Co-ordinate with other teams to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analyzing financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Manage Petty Cash accounts (Country Office & Sub-Offices / Manage individual cash payments, enter Cash journal in Wings and prepare replenishments).
- Allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyze vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Ensure full support to all corridor activities (Focal point).
- Ensure full sport to UNHAS activities (Alternate).
- Any other relevant duty as may be required by the National Finance Officer or Head of Finance and Administration.
4Ps Core Organizational Capabilities:
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/ ”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the Finance and accounting area will be an added value.
A University degree in Business Administration or related fields will be an asset.
Fluency in either English or French and good working knowledge of the other.
Over three (3) years of professional experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit or relevant fields, with great independence, decision making authority, supervision of staff and managing complex funding situation.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
focusing on the extreme of humanity and the elevation of hunger within humanity, this institution is outstanding and good, and I love it, I am a holder in BSc in Economics and i will love working with this institution for the saving of lives and even more.
I’m a bilingual Engineer in Telecom & Networkning. I have been a computer monitor (office automation and programming)for 6 years. I wish to share my experience with your company so that together we”ll benefit each other.
I am a holder of a Bachelor in Technology in Management,it will be a dream come true to work in this prestigious organization
I am an HND holder in Banking And finance. I wish to apply for a position
I am Of Cameroonian nationality, held from Bamessing North West region. I am age 59 years. I am working in BICEC Bamenda as the branch manager. I have been working in this bank for 35 years. My contract of employment is ending on the 31/12/2019.
I have applied for a series of jobs at UNICEF and WFP but Never got a reply. It appears the job publications are just for formality. Candidates are selected before time
Sir, I am a holder of a Bachelor of Technology in Banking and Finance and will love to work with this prestigious institution. It will be my pleasure if am granted to work there. Thanks. Che Shavoline Azinwi.