13 Best Universities for Forensic Science in the world : Colleges & Programs
13 Best Universities for Forensic Science in the world : Colleges & Programs.
13 Best Universities for Forensic Science in the world : Colleges & Programs. Forensic scientists often help criminal justice professionals investigate and solve crimes by gathering, documenting, and analyzing criminal evidence. Kamerpower.com
Learners in the best forensic science programs prepare to identify criminals, victims, and causes of death. Professionals in the field use scientific techniques such as fingerprint tracking and DNA analysis.
This article will guide you to know the top forensic science colleges that you may consider to become a crime scene investigator.
What is Forensic Science?
Forensic science is the application of scientific principles and techniques to matters of criminal justice which usually involves the collection, examination, and analysis of physical evidence at crime scenes.
In other words, it is the application of the methods of the natural and physical sciences to matters of criminal and civil law.
The word forensic science is the combination of two different Latin words: ‘forensis’ which basically means a public debate or discussion often done in law courts. The second word is the Latin word ‘Scientia’ which means “knowledge”.
Who is A Forensic Scientist?
A Forensic scientist is one who has been trained to collect, preserve, and analyze samples of evidence of crime from crime scenes in order to ascertain the cause of possible deaths and who may have been responsible for it.
While some forensic scientists travel to the scene of the crime to collect the evidence themselves, others just do their own part in the laboratory, performing analysis on objects brought to them by colleagues from the field.
What do Forensic Scientists do?
The work of a forensic scientist is basically done at the site of a crime where they collect samples of evidence of crime and help to ascertain what happened and how it happened. Listed below are some of what forensic scientists do;
- Maintain lab equipment and field equipment.
- Testify in court in regard to the evidence they collected at the crime scene.
- Take careful measurements of each scene they come across.
- Photograph all pieces of physical evidence, making sure to include a scale to know the exact size of the object being photographed.
- Cooperate and collaborate with federal and state law enforcement.
- Secure crime scenes to ensure that the evidence is not tampered with or contaminated.
- Document and preserve all pieces of physical evidence.
- Attend and photograph autopsies.
Types of Forensic Science:
- Document examination.
- DNA analysis.
- Digital/ Cyber Forensics.
- Crime Scene Forensics
- Autopsy techniques.
List of Best schools/Universities for Forensic Science in the world
Listed here are some of the best forensic science colleges in the United States. Plenty of these schools offer degree programs in forensic sciences. Kamerpower.com
You will be able to find bachelor’s programs, masters and doctoral programs in almost all of these schools. So take your time and explore these schools for forensic programs you might be interested in.
- Texas A & M.
- Loyola University.
- Syracuse University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Boston University.
- University of Pennsylvania.
- George Washington University.
- Saint Louis University
- Drexel University
- George Mason University
- University of Texas
- Ohio University.
- Hofstra University.
- CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
- St. Mary’s University.
13 Best Universities for Forensic Science in the world : Colleges & Programs: FAQs
Full-time students typically earn their forensic science bachelor’s degree in four years. However, learners with a transferable associate degree often graduate in two years.
Forensic scientists use the scientific method to gather and analyze evidence for criminal and civil cases.
Schools offer forensic science degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. An associate degree in the field can qualify graduates for entry-level roles, but advanced positions in the field typically require at least a bachelor’s degree.
Employment of forensic science technicians is projected to grow 14 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. However, because it is a small occupation, the fast growth will result in only about 2,400 new jobs over the 10-year period.
Best Forensic Science universities and graduate schools are George Washington University, in the US, University of Dundee, in the UK, University of Amsterdam, in the Netherlands, Uppsala University, in Sweden, The Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, in Germany.
- 13 Cheapest Universities in Houston Texas for International Students
- 15 Cheapest Best Colleges in Ottawa for International Students 2022
- Top 20 Best Film Schools in Texas in 2022 | Acting / Photography schools
- 25 Cheapest Colleges in Canada for International Students 2022.
- 20 Best Data Science Masters Programs In USA