ASMAC University of Yaounde II Entrance 2023-2024: ESSTIC Advanced School of Mass Communication (ASMAC)
ASMAC University of Yaounde II Entrance 2023-2024.
REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
ESSTIC Advanced School of Mass Communication (ASMAC).
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION.
COMMUNIQUE No 23/00196 /MINESUP/MINCOM/of 30 May 2023.
To launch the competitive entrance examination into level one of Bachelor Degree, of the Advanced School of Mass Communication (ASMAC) of the University of Yaoundé II and stating the number of places available per speciality for the 2023-2024 academic year. kamerpower.com
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION
AND THE MINISTER OF COMMUNICATION
A competitive entrance examination comprising the written and oral components for GCE “O” and “A” Level into level one of Bachelor Degree in the Advanced School for Mass Communication for the 2021-2022 academic year, shall hold in the centers of Yaounde, and Douala, the 5th of September 2023 for the written part and from the 7th to 9th September 2023 for the oral part, kamerpower.com
The following sections are concerned:
- Journalism: 60 places for Cameroonian candidates and 10 for non-nationals.
- Organizational communication: 45 places for Cameroonian candidates and 05 for non-nationals.
- Documentary information: 50 places for Cameroonian candidates and 05 for non-nationals.
- Publishing: 35 places for Cameroonian candidates and 05 for non-nationals.
- Advertising: 35 places for Cameroonian candidates and 05 for non-nationals.
A) Condition to be fulfilled:
The competitive entrance examination is opened to candidates of both sexes who poses the following qualifications:
- Be holder of the Baccalaureat or the General Certificate of Education Advanced Level in at least two subjects and in one sitting, excluding Religious knowledge or Baccalaureat of any series; as well as the General Certificate of Education ordinary level passed in at least four subjects in one sitting excluding Religious knowledge.
- Foreign applicants shall fulfil admission requirements so as to be admitted in ASMAC Bachelor Degree.
B) Candidate’s application file.
The candidate’s complete application file shall be deposited at the general secretariat, ASMAC P.O Box 1328 Yaoundé not later than 2nd September 2023 at 3: 30 PM, The file shall comprise the following documents:
1 – For all the candidates:
- Candidate’s individual information sheet is obtainable free of charge either from:
- he ASMAC,
- the Regional delegations of communication,
- Candidate’s individual information sheet is also available on the following web sites:
- he Higher Education: http://www.minesup.gov.cm .
- the ASMAC: www.essticuy2.cm
- A certified true copy of the required diplomas not less than three months old.
- A certified birth certificate (cf. individual information sheet of the candidate).
- Candidate’s academic transcripts (report card) of Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth.
- A big envelope bearing a 250 CFA Francs stamps addressed to the candidate.
- Photocopies and original receipts of twenty thousands (20.000) CFA francs (registration fee) payable to Afriland First Bank account number: 01400391002-08.
2 – For non-nationals:
Besides the aforementioned requirements to all the candidates, non-national shall produce:
- A commitment to pay school fees of 500.000 CFA for candidates from CEMAC member countries and 1 million CFA for other foreigners annually.
- An attestation of scholarship.
C) The examination:
The competitive entrance examination comprises the following components:
- A written part on general knowledge (time allowed: 3 hours, coef.6).
- A written part dealing with a summary of a document of about ten pages (time allowed: hours, coef.4).
- Academic performances of Lower Sixth, Upper and GCE “A” Level.
- And oral evaluation (coef. 4).
The oral test follows the written one immediately.
The number of national candidates who are finally admitted depends on the umber of Places available on merit provided that the candidates obtain at least 10/20.
Foreign candidates who fulfill academic or professional conditions which give them access to the competitive entrance examination into ASMAC will be admitted within the limit of statutory quota to register in ASMAC after their files have been studied by an ad hoc commission chaired by the Director of ASMAC including the Deputy Director, the heads of Department and permanent lecturers of the School. kamerpower.com
The final results are published by the Minister of Higher Education and the Minister of Communication compiled in order of merit and proposed by a jury that is constituted by the regulation in force.