Cameroon Women’s Scholarship British High Commission
Cameroon Women’s Scholarship.
The British High Commission in Yaounde would like to inform you of the launch of the 2022/2023 edition of its Cameroon Women’s Scholarship. kamerpower.com Cameroon Women’s Scholarship 2022-2023 Announcement.
The scheme is open to women of all ages who have had at least a first degree, have had some leadership experience- in their careers and wish to pursue their studies in the following fields:
- Human Rights.
- Rule of Law /Governance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Science and Technology.
- Development studies.
- Media Management and Legislation.
- Development/ Conflict Resolution/ Peace Studies.
- Public Health.
- Security (International Security/ Security Management/ Terrorism/Regional).
The scholarship aims to build the capacity of women to prepare them for leadership roles in their country. We aim to identify 20 women who will be given FCFA 1 million each to cover expenses for their Masters studies in any University in Cameroon and two leadership training sessions.
We would be grateful if you could disseminate the above information to your staff and other contacts.
Candidates are to be assessed against the following criteria:
- Have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in their home country.
- Be motivated to make a career leading to a position of leadership in their own countries within 10 years of their Scholarship.
- Be committed to networking to find global solutions to key development issues.
- Be able to use their studies and experience to benefit themselves, their country and the FCO.
- Be capable of successfully undertaking and completing their proposed course.
NB: Application and personal statements MUST be in English Language irrespective of the language of instruction of the candidate and the school she will be attending.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Cameroon Women Scholarship is open to those who meet the following criteria:
- Must have secured an admission for the 2021/2022 academic year in any higher education institution of learning in Cameroon by 31st January 2021. Failure in securing admission by this date will lead to the withdrawal of scholarship.
- The start date of the applicants’ chosen course must fall within the first half of the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Must be a national of Cameroon.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree (an equivalent of 3 – 4 years undergraduate studies) in any field with grade of at least a Second Class-upper (Hons).
- Must have at least two (2) years work experience by 30 September 2021.
- There is no age limit for Cameroon Women’s Scholarship.
How to apply.
To apply, provide the following:
- A completed scholarship application form (see below).
- A personal statement – a one-page statement/essay about yourself, your leadership potential, accomplishments and career goals (maximum of 800 words.)
- An updated CV (include contact details of two referees maximum of 2 pages using font 12 Times New Roman.)
- You will be disqualified if you do not stick to the guidance.
NB: Only the above three documents are needed at the first stage. Candidates shortlisted for interview will be required to submit copies of university level transcripts and all academic certificates.
Submit your documents as an attachment to [email protected]
You can only apply via email. Your three files should be named as follows:
- appNAME for the application form.
- personalNAME for the personal statement.
- cvNAME for the CV.
E.g.: candidate named Fouda Pauletta would have her files as:
Application deadline: 30 November 2016.
Cameroon Women’s Scholarship 2022-2023.
Not following all the application guidelines will result to disqualification.
- Cameroon Women’s Scholarship Application Form 2022/2023.
- Cameroon Women’s Scholarship Application Guide 2022/2023.
- Cameroon Women’s Scholarship Application FAQs.