Cameroon Women’s Scholarship 2016-2017 British High Commission
Cameroon Women’s Scholarship 2016-2017.
The British High Commission in Yaounde would like to inform you of the launch of the 2016/2017 edition of its Cameroon Women’s Scholarship. kamerpower.com Cameroon Women’s Scholarship 2016-2017 Announcement.
The scheme is open to women of all ages who have had at least a first degree, have had some leadership experience- in their careers and wish to pursue their studies in the following fields:
- Human Rights.
- Rule of Law /Governance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Science and Technology.
- Development studies.
- Media Management and Legislation.
- Development/ Conflict Resolution/ Peace Studies.
- Public Health.
- Security (International Security/ Security Management/ Terrorism/Regional).
The scholarship aims to build the capacity of women to prepare them for leadership roles in their country. We aim to identify 20 women who will be given FCFA 1 million each to cover expenses for their Masters studies in any University in Cameroon and two leadership training sessions.
We would be grateful if you could disseminate the above information to your staff and other contacts.
Candidates are to be assessed against the following criteria:
- Have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in their home country.
- Be motivated to make a career leading to a position of leadership in their own countries within 10 years of their Scholarship.
- Be committed to networking to find global solutions to key development issues.
- Be able to use their studies and experience to benefit themselves, their country and the FCO.
- Be capable of successfully undertaking and completing their proposed course.
NB: Application and personal statements MUST be in English Language irrespective of the language of instruction of the candidate and the school she will be attending.