UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES University of Buea.
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Qualification Offered: Bachelor of Technology.
OPTION: Electrical Technology.
Duration of Studies: 3 Years.
OBJECTIVES OF DEGREE PROGRAMME:
The objectives of the B.Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme with option in electrical technology are:
- To produce graduates who are well-educated in the fundamental concepts of power systems and engineering.
- To produce graduates who are capable of continuing their professional development throughout their career by combining theory with its application in Electrical and Electronic Engineering practice.
- To build human resource capacity in the electrical technology discipline in both the public and private sectors to students who wish to become proficient in developing traditional and renewable energy systems using a methodical approach.
- To produce graduates with good communication skills capable of functioning responsibly in diverse environments and able to work in teams.
- To produce graduates who are innovative and are capable of creating jobs.
SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED
At the end of the programme, the following skills should be acquired:
- Ability to understand sophisticated techniques in PC repair, including external I/O devices, printers, mobile computing devices, purchasing and building PCs, troubleshooting, support, virus protection, data protection, and recovery.repair and maintenance.
- Ability to understand how computers communicate with each other, how computers are grouped together to form networks, networking concepts and issues that are key to the successful implementation of computer networks, and the different networking implementation strategies and technologies currently available.
The students will have opportunities in the following areas.
- As a technical staff in industries related to the production, transmission, distribution and efficient use of energy.
- Be capable of pursuing postgraduate studies in power engineering.
- Be capable of creating and managing an enterprise.
In addition to the general university requirements candidates must obtain a minimum of grade D at the Advanced level in Physics and Mathematics. Candidates with a “Baccalaureat” in Electrical Technology will also be admitted.