ESSEC Entrance of the University of Douala 2019-2020: Admission of 245 students 1st year DEPA
ESSEC Entrance of the University of Douala 2019-2020.
Only those candidates with complete application files shall be authorised to sit for the examination. They should bring along their national identity card.
DATE OF EXAMINATION:
(1) The competition will take place on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, starting at 08 am sharp, potentially in the following examination centers: Douala (ESSEC Campus); Yaoundé; Bafoussarn; Garoua; Ngaoundere; Bertoua, Ebolowa; Bamenda; Buea; Maroua. To access the examinations rooms, the national identity card will be required to the candidates.
(2) Applicants from centers that have collected less th an 100 applications may be grouped together in a nearby center. The information relating to this, as weil as the examination location, will be indicated on the ESSEC website, one week at the latest before the examination runs.
STRUCTURE OF THE EXAMINATION:
For Cameroonians and non CEMAC nationality candidates, the competitive entrance examination has only one part, a written examination representing 100% of the final mark. Subjects will be available in French and English and it is up to candidates to choose any of both languages.
The written examination comprises the following:
- An essay on an economic topic, aimed at testing the candidate’s interest either in the national and international economic issues, or in the recent economic history or in economic geography.
- A paper on the specialized area to test the candidate’s aptitudes to carry on advanced studies in the chosen specialty.
- Each paper lasts three (3) hours and represents 50 % of the written examination.
With respect to sorne communitarian agreements, 10% of the places opened to Carneroonians and non CEMAC nationality candidates are granted on title to foreign candidates who are nationals of the CEMAC zone. These places shall be shared among these countries, based on the criterion of merit, in proportion of the number of candidates originating from each of them.
The Rector of the University of Douala, the Director of the Department of University Accreditation and Quality, and the Director of ESSEC, shall be responsible, each in his own sphere, for the implementation of this decision which shall be registered and published wherever necessary.
ESSEC Entrance of the University of Douala 2019-2020: Admission of 245 students into the 1st year of the Advanced Professional Studies (DEPA) Cycle of the Advanced School of Economics and Commerce.
Version Français (French)