POSITION: Visa Assistant
OPENING DATE: May 9, 2016
CLOSING DATE: May 23, 2016 at 16:00
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-07
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-07*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/dr19-2016.html and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at Ext. 4006.
US Embassy visa Agent /Visa Assistant Cameroon Job Recruitment
Hiring preference selection process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring preference order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional selection criteria:
- Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Version Français (French)