WFP Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant – Protocol (107181) – Yaounde
WFP Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant – Protocol (107181) – Yaounde.
WFP Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant – Protocol (107181) – Yaounde. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. kamerpower.com
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP Cameroon in seeking a Business Support Assistant-Protocol to provide support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Business Support Assistant-Protocol promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The incumbent works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme in the CO/FO and other external stakeholders to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Officer and overall guidance of the Administration and Finance Officer, the Business Support Assistant-Protocol will among other tasks, perform the following activities:
- Maintain regular contact with relevant Cameroon Government offices to ensure that information available to staff on immigration, duty-free, and VAT exemptions is updated immediately changes occur.
- Coordinate with relevant Cameroon Government representatives (demonstrating tact, diplomacy, firmness and persistence when necessary) to negotiate and solve sensitive and complicated problems. Escalate issues to the Head of unit, if necessary.
- Apply the provisions of the WFP Host Country Agreement to internationally recruited UN staff members posted to the Cameroon duty station.
- Conduct briefings for new staff members on immigration formalities, duty-free and tax exemption privileges, and vehicle registration, and ensure that the information is up-to-date; provide guidance to staff members in completing forms relating to the privileges and exemptions.
- Ensure the timely processing of the following for the organization and eligible internationally recruited staff members and their dependents:
- Notification of arrival documentation and the issuance of diplomatic identity cards.
- Issuance of re-entry passes and renewal of the same.
- Processing and/or renewal of UNLPs for eligible staff.
- Duty free imports and purchase of duty free.
- Issuance and renewal of new Cameroonian driving licenses.
- Registration of new/second hand vehicles and transfer/disposal of used vehicles (official /staff members).
- VAT exemptions (official /staff members) and issuance of vehicle plate number.
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system and electronic database with client data and ensure the integrity of data stored therein. Track expiry dates of documents and visas and notify clients to initiate renewal action in good time.
- Prepare correspondence, note verbales, covering letters, and reports upon request from the supervisor or Management.
- Be a first point of contact to follow up on the protocol documents with MINREX, Douane Office, MINADER, etc.;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor(s).