World food programme vacancies Cameroon: Programme Policy Officer
World food programme vacancies Cameroon
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to identify issues and judgment in applying expertise to resolve a wide range of problems.
- Ability to build strong working relationships under extremely challenging conditions, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- Ability to professionally and clearly represent WFP, its humanitarian principles and character and operational responses.
- Ability to conduct research, including ability to evaluate and integrate information from a variety of sources and assess the impact on WFP’s operations.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation, particularly with programs, supply chain and security; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Fluency in English and French is required. Fluency in languages commonly spoken in the area of operation is beneficial (such as Bakweri, Pidgin, Bakossi, Balondo, Bafo, Oroko, etc.).
Closing Date of Application: 22 June 2019, 00:59 GMT
Only qualified and short-listed candidates will be contacted for relevant tests.