Cameroon GCE A Level Further Math syllabus 2018-2019
Cameroon GCE A Level 775 Further Math syllabus 2018-2019
775 Mathematics Cameroon GCE A Level Further Math syllabus 2018-2019.
Kamerpower team always have its viewers best interest at heart, so we always make sure we bring to your door step any article that will be of help to you all, especially as all GCE candidates preparing for their registered subjects this year 2018. Cameroon GCE A Level Further Math syllabus 2018.
775 FURTHER MATHEMATICS
Further Mathematics is designed to prepare students for further studies and applications that are higher than those provided by Advanced Level Mathematics. It examines concepts in pre-calculus, algebraic structures, statistics, mechanics and applications. The style of the examination will continue to change and take into account modern developments.
In addition to the aims given in the general introduction for Advanced Level Mathematics (765/770), the aim of the 775 syllabus is to enable schools to provide an option for:
- candidates with higher aptitude, ability, and inclinations to study more Mathematics at this level.
- candidates who intend to proceed to areas of higher education requiring a deeper understanding and broader knowledge of Mathematics.
- candidates who wish to enter job market or into vocational training where a higher demand for mathematics is needed.
Cameroon GCE A Level Further Math syllabus 2018
- GENERAL OBJECTIVES
The 775 syllabus should:
- develop candidates’ deeper understanding of mathematical reasoning and processes.
- develop candidates’ ability to relate different areas of Mathematics to one another.
- provide candidates with a foundation for further study of Mathematics and give them adequate mathematical basis for related disciplines and work at higher level.
- enable candidates to appreciate the significance of Mathematics to the society in general.
- ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES
The objective of the assessment is to test the ability of the candidates to:
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the principles of the core mathematics topics, mechanics, and simple probability distributions (AO1).
- apply their knowledge of Mathematics to solve simple problems in mechanics and probability (AO2).
- apply their knowledge of Mathematics to solve problems for which an immediate method of solution is not available and may involve a knowledge of more than one topic of the syllabus (AO2).
- select, organised, and use techniques of Pure and Applied Mathematics, as specified in the syllabus, to analyse problems and issues (AO3).
- interpret problems and write clear and accurate mathematical solutions (AO4).
- evaluate mathematical statements and theories and justify them through the presentation of clear and systematic proofs (or dis-proofs) (AO5).
- STRUCTURE OF THE EXAMINATION
5.1 Weighting of the Assessment objectives